ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  53 Clio's & counting
Re: My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

Cheers mate, (renew your membership!) very pleased, plus Mike gets to drive the thing now but not have to worry about repairing it when it breaks :-/ lol

53 Clio's & counting

Made a start looking through the service history and receipts - this is some of it lol

20130302_191241_zps04001952.jpg

20130303_111518_zps06703a1c.jpg

53 Clio's & counting

LOL! tbh as far as I can see (Having known the car) I'm confindent the map is good - it will be checked out once it's on the road mind, but the heads coming off to start with and I will see what it looks like - direct to be taken will be decided then :)

53 Clio's & counting

:eek: <3

TBH it will always be Mikes in a way, this just means he can still drive it, just doesn't have to pay for it lol

On that point Michael, get your name down as an additional driver at Llandow in August! ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

holy sh*t he sold it....... after all you preached to me mike???
good purchase though russ.... half of my ph1 is in that car...literally

LOL! tbh as far as I can see (Having known the car) I'm confindent the map is good - it will be checked out once it's on the road mind, but the heads coming off to start with and I will see what it looks like - direct to be taken will be decided then :)

Once we've done the head gasket I'll borrow Chips wideband and we can check the fuelling. Its on Omex iirc? So I could adjust it if necessary..

53 Clio's & counting

I owe you a pint! Big help, as it means we can check out the map and make any adjustments as required :)

53 Clio's & counting

Honestly mate not a problem :) I'm sure you would do/have done the same for others

I do try when I can - anything I can ever help with with you dude just let me know :) (I'm parts manager for a VW dealership if you ever need any VW bits lol)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Does this mean it's left freds? Always have a good look over it every time I'm in there.....glad if it has gone then I can get my car in :D

As for the map, I had the displeasure of driving my mates trophy which was mapped by tdf, went accross to RS tuning for a decent map and what a difference. Go and see paul :D

That's ideal mate. It's a USB connection iirc?
Yes Dan it connects to a USB port on a windows pc and then to an R232 plug on the car which on that car is down just above the gearbox if my memory serves me correctly from when I saw it at Fred's :)
I do try when I can - anything I can ever help with with you dude just let me know :) (I'm parts manager for a VW dealership if you ever need any VW bits lol)
Thanks buddy! Haha I wish i'd known that a few years ago I used to have an R32 which I sold to part fund my clio :)

53 Clio's & counting

Lol! It will be leaving this week, gives Fred a bit more room lol.

I have had cars mapped by Paul before (He mapped by black Ph1 which was on itb's on the standard ecu) so I fully agree he is brilliant, but for now as Ash has said I can very kindly borrow his stuff, then I think a combination of Me, Dan and I will rope Chip into it too, just to check and make sure it's safe will keep me happy for now :)

53 Clio's & counting

Yes Dan it connects to a USB port on a windows pc and then to an R232 plug on the car which on that car is down just above the gearbox if my memory serves me correctly from when I saw it at Fred's :)

Thanks buddy! Haha I wish i'd known that a few years ago I used to have an R32 which I sold to part fund my clio :)

Lol! how typical mate! well anything else you know where I am x

53 Clio's & counting

Small update, secured another Ph1 engine, complete with box and inlets etc, collecting them at the weekend as they are just up the road from me.

Still haven't collected the car yet mind :S

53 Clio's & counting

Lol!

Will be by the end of the month mate :)

Car will be home this weekend, will update a bit more then - very exited :D

Thinking the wheels need to be red again, and tempted to do the cage red too, a la mini-R26.R lol

Status
Not open for further replies.