ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dampers Are Back

Golf Gti edition 30
I had both my sach fail within a few hundred miles of gentle driving on the road after getting them done at BG in 2012.Got them powdercoated aswell.

Something to do with the valves on the bottom of the reservoir.Got them fixed for free from them with new twin seals or something.just the cost of sending them down again and the hassle of getting them off again etc.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I "heard" that some of BGs work did fail but i was also told it was down to a batch of parts / a change of parts that Sachs ZF had been supplying.
How true this is i am very unsure but none the less I'm more than happy with this work + the extra that i got done.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I believe that CF buy all there parts from BG as BG is the only authorised UK sole dealer and the only people who can get the parts direct from Sachs ZF Germany so I'm unsure if its actually down to the parts as they should all be OE Sachs parts.

Bit late to the party, but I was the first Trophy owner to approach CF and get a set refurbished.

I can't comment on longevity as I sold the car 4 months/1k miles later but they did say they have a good relationship with BG (at least back then) and that the parts were sourced from them as you say.