ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DAMAGED RENAULT CLIO 197 SPORT

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
If its a cat C as he says then there's a lot of damage hiding under there as that means usually it would cost around 70% of the cars worth to put right.

And new parts like airbags would be hard to get anywhere apart from renault so would cost the earth.

I didnt think it would take long to see one like this!

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
would have thought about 2k parts and then the labour and paint so 3k all together?!
once repaired probably only be worth 9-10 i would have thought if it is registered as a cat d/c

Trader Rating - 91.4%
31   3   1
  Breaking A 172 Replica
As said by Rob, getting hold of airbags would be pretty tricky 2nd hand. Unless you just accept the airbags won't work, I can't see their being a big enough margin in that.

Sam

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
And the airbag module will need replacing and possibly the front (or all 4) seatbelt tensioners.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Mondeo TXS Bardge.
that'll cost a few grand to put right, you could get a brand new one for what £14k, so a second hander for not much more than this one put right
ive seen cat d's with more damage, ther must be somethign more than that quarter, like chassis, and engine damage.

Trader Rating - 100%
15   0   0
  Monaco 172
would be ok if someone wanted a cheaper/newish track car and ditn mind so much about seatbelts and airbags etc. and was minted.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Vw caddy tdi
CAT C proberly dosent need a vic check ! It's 60% or more of the market value £?? an hour labour mind b4 vat + pannels, paint and any mechanical parts..

Ad

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  MK2 FRS
Cat C always needs a VIC.

I think its too expensive considering most of the parts will have to bought new or due to the rarity, there will be a premium on the second hand parts.

Trader Rating - 100%
28   0   0
  www.renparts.co.uk
think they might struggle to sell it tbh. Unless someone uses it for track. Dash top probably will be easy to get and the passenger bag, pretensioners probs same as non RS, steering bag might be tricky to find as its got the cruise buttons and i imagine the front bumper etc are pretty expensive to buy. I contemplated it to buy in, just as i want one to play in but such a new car Cat C is almost impossible to sell. Especially when you can have a new one for not a great deal of money.

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  ITB BG 182
would the 4-pots fit a 182? also would the seat be able to go in a 182?
ive sent a email saying if he cant shift the car an putsit in for breaking that can i have first dibs on these parts?

Trader Rating - 100%
28   0   0
  www.renparts.co.uk
I think its sensible as they will have budgeted to be knocked down but whoever buys it will be a numpty if they intend to return it to the road. Be good for a track car. Anyone know price on a front bumper alone?

Trader Rating - 100%
28   0   0
  www.renparts.co.uk
dunno, but to put back on the road, I wouldnt want to be paying more than 5k for it!

yeh its Cat C for a reason and used parts arnet easy to come by, but i would imagine its the airbags/pretensioners etc that bump the price up a great deal.

Ad

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  MK2 FRS
aye does seem strange its C, but then they seem to be randomly assigned at times.

Is it in the same condition as when you saw it on the auction? Often they tart them up before going on sale...

Trader Rating - 100%
28   0   0
  www.renparts.co.uk
aye does seem strange its C, but then they seem to be randomly assigned at times.

Is it in the same condition as when you saw it on the auction? Often they tart them up before going on sale...

yeh same condition. Usually to cost of repair is significantly more if its a C, hence it would be likely someone would ring it instead of repairing it, which is why they VIC it. As i say airbags etc from Renault are silly money.

Ad

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  MK2 FRS
apart from the steering wheel these are likely to be the same across the range though... so maybe more readily available than the bumper, subframe.. etc.

aye understand why they go for a C, but its the assessor who makes the decision is it not?

Trader Rating - 100%
28   0   0
  www.renparts.co.uk
apart from the steering wheel these are likely to be the same across the range though... so maybe more readily available than the bumper, subframe.. etc.

aye understand why they go for a C, but its the assessor who makes the decision is it not?

Yeh it is, well im guessing they look at the estimate for parts and there is a cut off point where D becomes C based on % more to repair than the market Value.

Trader Rating - 100%
28   0   0
  www.renparts.co.uk
my bet is someone buys one of these,

then a few days later one gets stolen, then this one repaired, and sold on..

thats why its cat C, needs to be taken for an identity check as it is considered likely to be ringed up. On modern cars its not as easy as that though as many items are identifiable to each vehicle. not just the usual vins.