ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CV Boot Clip, What to tie it on with?

Trophy
I currently have it tied on with with a cable tie (temporary i know it won't hold). Bought a 70-90mm jubilie clip on the weekend but the bit you screw to tighten the jubillie clip knocks on the strut, (sorry if incorrect terminology) and knocks the clip off (its too big). What other clips can i use or if anyone could provide me with a link to where i can buy a jubillie clip that will fit/have used before?

Regards,

Liam

Clio Trophy
cv boot clip. just like what was originally on it. pick em up for pennys frm auto parts shops like tms and partco

Clio 172 cup
I have had a cable ties on both my shafts for the last 6 years and there fine

The clips in the cv boots kits are crap

Stop worrying, if its thin cable ties your using use heavy duty cable ties. Wheel trim ones are fine

Trophy
the cv boot clips need the special tool to crimp them on though! Just after something that won't require any 'special' tools

E46 M3
I (and other people) use a jubilie clip, you can get them on so it doesnt catch on anything.