ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting airbag loom

-Dan-

ClioSport Club Member
Does anybody know if I will be able to chop this wire loom that connects to the Airbag controller and the wire that spur off to under the seats and the sensors on the side?

I've got No airbags connected no original seat belts or pretensioners so the wiring has just been plugged in but not doing anythihg.

I stripped it all out last night and run the car and had no issues with it disconnected and airbag ECU out the car.

I image the light would be on the dash but I snapped the bulbs out as I couldn't get it to turn off with resistors and it pissed me off in my face all the time.

The loom in question, the bottom left part is what I want to cut out, obviously part goes to the OBD and the handbrake sensor

2BC9FF79-A978-4B6A-B95C-02D447E0403C_zps4a6natgs.gif

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You can indeed remove it yes, but most people cable tie it up and out the way... just in case you ever want to g back ("I never want to go back" - Famous last words)

-Dan-

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the response, do you know where the rest of the loom goes? does it go to the black box in the corners with a few relays on? couldn't really see as it was dark and only had a torch with me.

I dont think I can go back no ive gone way to far :p wont cause no running issues with it randomly not starting thinking the car has had an accident?

Dan.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It spiders everywhere; Dash, interior electrics and chassis

TBH,, the weight reduction cutting it out gives just isn't worth it, hence why most cable tie it up and just leave it. You could lose just as much weight by having a bigger poo before going out on track.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Seriously, if weight is such a driving constraint then ultimately a custom wiring loom is required.

-Dan-

ClioSport Club Member
its not weight that bothers me about its just tidiness, messes with my OCD, ive saved abit of weight taking carpet, sound deadening, passenger airbag, steering wheel cowl metal block, just you can see all the wire running along the floor that annoys me, ive cut and resoldered and rerouted all the rear cables to run inside the shell already