ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Racer Engine Mounts

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Wow its been a long time since i posted on here!! mainly because my track project was put into my nans garage and forgotten while i was at uni and couldnt afford to do much with it.

I know the cup racers are fully subframe mounted. a lot of people subframe mounted their engines in mk1 clios using the mounts from the R5GTT (as they came subframe mounted as standard).

I was hoping someone could tell me if the cup racers use the same mounts (as the rear section of subframe is idential) as the R5GTT on the rear? because im not sure if it will get around the exhaust manifold. And if not, what mounts are they using the mount the engine as im thinking of adding it to my very long to-do list.

any pics of the cup racers engine mounts would be absolutely amazing!!

thanks guys

020.jpg

only one i can find at minute on the forum

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
The rear mount gets in the way so you have to re-jig the linkage to make it fit , genuinely interested to see if you get this to work.

Gate throw felt all wrong on the rigged up linkage I used. :)