ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Holders

Why are these so rubbish?
Last night I jumped in the 172, put an can of diet coke into the cup holder and at the first left turn it decides to topple over and empty it's entire contents down into my centre console.

Managed to pull over and rip out the cup holders and mop some of it out, but FFS.

So if these cannot hold a can, they're too small to get a 500ml bottle under there, Maccy-D's don't fit WTF are they designed to hold?

Anyone got alternatives?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
BP, mcdonalds, gregg's and costa large coffees fit perfect. s**te for everything else as you found out lol

An orange one
Yeah they are rubbish tbh! Tucked under the dash like that no good for anything, that's normally where I just chuck my wallet

172 Cup
Haha your right they are sh*te, when i first got the mine i opened a can of red bull, had a drink they whacked it in the cup holder only for it to tip over a minute later :( sticky dash ftl

Inferno Orange 182
They are the perfect size for the California Scents Air Freshener tins... that's about it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mk3 ones are just as s**t apart from the one behind the handbrake, ive had a full large cola from McD's in there flying down a backroad at a tonne. and it just sits nicely!

Fiesta ST-3
Mine just sits between my legs. It's really annoying especially when there are cars with awesome cup holders.

Clio Trophy
just make a custom panel that slots into the holder width ways so its like half way down the can giving you the ability to lift can out and also holds both of them in

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Loose change, gum, cards or wallet, basically any old stuff but I found it will hold an iPhone stood up:)

Clio 172 ph1
Cup holders? What cup holders? Ph1 has no such luxuries :(

In protest at having to hold the drinks once, my bf attempted to rest a drink on the inside of the glovebox lid, needless to say one corner later he and my passenger side footwell were very wet

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
These fit in nicely

extra-cool-breeze-sugar-free-chewing-gum-bottle-pack-60-pellets-pack~t_10213543.jpg

260% JCW

In protest at having to hold the drinks once, my bf attempted to rest a drink on the inside of the glovebox lid, needless to say one corner later he and my passenger side footwell were very wet

Poverty spec....

1.5 Clio Dynamique
These fit in nicely

extra-cool-breeze-sugar-free-chewing-gum-bottle-pack-60-pellets-pack~t_10213543.jpg

they are designed for that imo!

but once you have something plugged in the cigarette lighter, it then becomes impossible to get anything into the left cup holder

also dont open a coke can in them, it is physically impossible to take it out without spilling it on your gear lever

useless imo

there in the glove box!!!!!!
granted not the best place for them:/

Clio 182, BMW 645
I might mod mine...

Coat them in some plastic resin to make them water tight. Tip the drink in and get a loooooooong straw to drink it with. :D

clio 04
Someone should make/sell a modified cup holder with no ash tray and a better cup holder in its place.

I don't smoke so could really do with an alternative setup!

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
My Yaris T Sport had 5. All were suitable for atleast a can. Shame they car could barely hold 5 people...

clio 172 cup
i used keep an empty can in the left hand side one but was rattly so now have full can of root beer :dead: sat there then put mine in the right hand side problem solved my enginuity knows no bounds