ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Alarm Query

Phase 2 172 Cup
Occationally when i lock the Cup the alarm beeps afew times

If there is a door, boot of bonnet open the alarm stays on making a constant beep

Is there anyway of turning it on so it beeps everytime the car is locked/unlocked??

Chris

182-racing-blue

Occationally when i lock the Cup the alarm beeps afew times

If there is a door, boot of bonnet open the alarm stays on making a constant beep

Is there anyway of turning it on so it beeps everytime the car is locked/unlocked??

Chris

Can I ask why you want to do this?

Is it because you are blind and cant see the indicators? Or maybe the hefty clunk as the doors lock? :D

Phase 2 172 Cup
i like the piece of mind of hearing a beep

it is also a deterant and potential theives will think there is an aftermarket alarm installed

i like the piece of mind of hearing a beep

it is also a deterant and potential theives will think there is an aftermarket alarm installed
The OE alarms are cat1 anyway (if the cars not an import) I think that all cat1 alarms are silent when you set them. The alarms that make noise aren't cat1 status.

If your really worried about them wondering if you have an aftermarket alarm just get toad stickers etc from ebay.

BMW M135i
Nope making a noise has nothing to do with the CAT1 status of the alarm, you can turn it on/off on the earier alarms apparently but you need clip to do it so forget about it basically.
And it is an aftermarket alarm!

Phase 2 172 Cup
so it can be done?? the car is 2004 172 Cup

iv a mate works for Renault, ill see if he knows anything

BMW M135i
2004 may be touch and go, depends on the alarm model they used. What colour are the ultrasonics?