ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Re: 'Cub's Trackday Flamer - Cage etc'

Almost there :)

I didn't even realise you could get a CS bodywork protector!

New out a week or so ago. It didn't feel normal when I stopped getting a parcel a day. So I ordered one. Lol! It's a decent bit of kit though, non slip stuff on one side so 'sticks' to he bodywork.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

You dont need to paint copper brakes lines to protect them CUB, will take years and years to corrode anyway.
Not that it will do any harm if you do paint it of course.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep

Greetings from Austria. Looks great mate with it back together. Gonna have to get some decent photos in Welsh Wales :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Greetings from Austria. Looks great mate with it back together. Gonna have to get some decent photos in Welsh Wales :)

Cheers Chris, you should be swilling beer and misbehaving! Wales is going to be great, looking forward to some good photos :)

Good progress mate :)

Thanks Fletch, I need to see the fletchbus now its all caged up. Bring it to Shire Horse?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Cracking update! Seriously nice work. How's the PMS feel now?

I have to go to Frimley at some point in the next week or two so I may pop by if that suits? If I could be no late and you're WFH I'll even give you a hand cleaning it.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Cracking update! Seriously nice work. How's the PMS feel now?

I have to go to Frimley at some point in the next week or two so I may pop by if that suits? If I could be no late and you're WFH I'll even give you a hand cleaning it.

PMS feels awesome. Really, really smooth but very mechanical, which I like. Pop over whenever bud, I'm unlikely to be working from home for the next 5 weeks, we got downselected for 4 major bids on Friday and I'm supposed to be managing all of them. Busy busy times ahead :) We can just clean it in the dark. Lol.

All starting to come together now! Looks great.

Cheers, I'll be over the moon when it is running :)

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member

Mate, it looks absolutely superb, great work by Budgie, and everyone else who's contributed. Any chance you can convert the yellow in the bay to either white or black, it's really setting my OCD off.

Also, stop taking pictures with a wet fish ;)

Inferno 225 cup

Cracking turnaround Cub, looks fantastic and glad it's nearly sorted.

Told you yours will he done before mine.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Mate, it looks absolutely superb, great work by @Budgie , and everyone else who's contributed. Any chance you can convert the yellow in the bay to either white or black, it's really setting my OCD off.

Also, stop taking pictures with a wet fish ;)

I was looking at the yellow, although quite like it as a 'stand out' bit. I have a spare, so shall see what it comes up like black. And yes, I need a DSLR although my hands were covered in oil / grease so I wouldn't have used it either way.

Cracking turnaround Cub, looks fantastic and glad it's nearly sorted.

Told you yours will he done before mine.

Cheers Jacob, when is yours getting done? Mick crazy busy?

Impressive work!
Nearly there now

Thanks Ed, looking forward to getting it on track. Try the new mods out.

Looking good! You taking the car to LM this year?

I don't know Paulo, its upto Tim. It is his turn to choose the car. To be honest, be nice to roll down in his Trophy or the Beemer for maximum comfort! You get that LY?

GTD, Lupo

You get that LY?

Its not available yet! I pretty much got my heart set on it. Just need to wait till it is ready now! Then it will be mine!!!! CANT WAIT!!! If all go to plan i should have it for the shire horse meet.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Its not available yet! I pretty much got my heart set on it. Just need to wait till it is ready now! Then it will be mine!!!! CANT WAIT!!! If all go to plan i should have it for the shire horse meet.

Fingers crossed. Look forward to seeing it :) Be good to catch up.

Don't know what it is about starter motors..... The only time I've had one fail is when refitting the engine and it's happened twice :(

Good work mate look forward to seeing it round track this year!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

I'm excited for you Oli! Can't wait to see it start up.

We'll get some tarty pics when it's done.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

I have a starter motor dude...

Thanks Ant, Mike thought he had one, he's checking today I think Budgie. If not I'll text you :)

Great progress, mate. I hope I get chance to see it when you head over to Welshland. :)

Be good to catch up, want to see the Vee!

Don't know what it is about starter motors..... The only time I've had one fail is when refitting the engine and it's happened twice :(

Good work mate look forward to seeing it round track this year!

Ha ha, clearly they don't like being taken off engines! Hopefully see you before, but if not you booked on the Oulton RS day in August?

I'm excited for you Oli! Can't wait to see it start up.

We'll get some tarty pics when it's done.

Tarty pics sound good! Will need to be quick or the engine will be a nice Matt grey colour after a few weeks ;)

Audi A5

Looking good Cub, still going to S/C it? One come up for sale from a 197 the other day, might be of interest to you.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Looking good Cub, still going to S/C it? One come up for sale from a 197 the other day, might be of interest to you.

Thanks bud, I am, but probably not until next year. Want to enjoy it a bit, then probably do it early next year before the summer. :)

I saw the one for sale. Sadly, I'm currently broke!

Audi A5

LOL, not surprised when I read the bit about the 'one package a day' all the little bits soon add up!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

LOL, not surprised when I read the bit about the 'one package a day' all the little bits soon add up!

Ha ha, yep! Problem is, with the engine out you can see the state of everything else and so I thought it best to change things as it would be easier with the engine out. Basically had a full suspension refresh, brake pads and brake lines and a load of other stuff on top of the engine! If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing properly :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Hoses have come up goood mate, not long now. :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Ok mate, will do.

Im at Sunglasses_Ron to day doing some work for him so ill look then. :)

Ha ha, clearly they don't like being taken off engines! Hopefully see you before, but if not you booked on the Oulton RS day in August?
Haven't booked on yet mate but still planning on attending just will book nearer the time should be a great day :)

Great progress. Love this car.

I really think you need to have you inlet manifold in white too though. Looks slightly odd with the white underneath and then black on top. Dark pictures don't help but it just doesn't seem to work that well. May have been different if the colours were the other way round.

If you're going for white then get it all white I say. Or something slightly lighter in colour for the inlets Flame Red?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Haven't booked on yet mate but still planning on attending just will book nearer the time should be a great day :)

This for me too I think.

*might* be going to the ring for a few days starting the 27th but if not then will do the RS Oulton day instead.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

I've not seen the last few updates, this is some awesome work!

Cheers, you coming to the Shire Horse meet on the 25th, if so can catch up then :)

I'm looking forward to it already, hopefully get a decent group of us again. I've booked a Travelodge nearby and am heading up the night before with a mate.

Great progress. Love this car.

I really think you need to have you inlet manifold in white too though. Looks slightly odd with the white underneath and then black on top. Dark pictures don't help but it just doesn't seem to work that well. May have been different if the colours were the other way round.

If you're going for white then get it all white I say. Or something slightly lighter in colour for the inlets Flame Red?

Cheers Martin. I want the RS writing done in White at some point. Tie it in.

LOL, that actually looks better than i thought it would.

Good work, i have about 5 starter motors if you need one

x

I told you to have faith ;) It will all be grey in a week or so. Thanks for the starter motor offer, may need to take you up on it if Mikes spare doesn't work.

This for me too I think.

*might* be going to the ring for a few days starting the 27th but if not then will do the RS Oulton day instead.

See post above, be good if there is a group of us bud :)