ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crysis 2 DX11 [PC]

I'm playing it through at a faster pace this time and the combat flows much better. Q&E are awesome shorcuts TBH, and it feels like you're stringing combos together like a nanosuited super soldier. I don't feel like I'm just struggling to reach checkpoints anymore, which was my biggest issue first time around.

Much better second time. It probably helps that I have a much better keyboard now.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
What keyboard Roy? I spent a lifetime deciding which to go for, so many seemed to have significant flaws.

I went for the predicatbale choice in the end mate. G19. Matches my G9 mouse :eek:

It's no swarve looker but it has a great feel to it, and the backlighting is ace. I've not yet really got into the LCD display yet, but it automatically displays my stats in-game with Crysis so thats cool.

I have also remapped melee to a side button on the G9, which is much more intuative. Melee is a massive part of Crysis 2, especially with the aliens. I've never really been afan of it, but in this game it's effective, fun, and essential for conserving ammo.

Tesla MP3 2021
My PC feels old now lol.

Its still very good, but tech just moves on so quick!!

I very rarely play PC games now so I wont be doing another PC build for a long time, next purchase will be an iMac next year!

Tesla MP3 2021
Here we go....

Picture1-6.jpg

That will rinse Crysis 2 DX11 mate!

Upgrade the graphics to GTX580 SLI and you've got a bleeding edge system again.

Evo 5 RS
I'd be inclined to stay away from the Sammy 3d panel and get the Asus one...If this 22" is anything to go by.

The Asus is only 24" but the colours are brilliant...and next to no ghosting with 3D

Figured as much. I need to research 3D eye strain a bit really. My pal & I were able to play Crysis 2 3D on PS3 for endless hours with no problems, but I have read that sitting closer to the focal point can cause issues. I do know that my 26" panel is more immersive for games than my 55" TV (due to viewing distance) so I can imagine that 3D on my PC would be mind blowing. Unless I go blind.

Sweet. At the moment I'm having an argument with myself between a 375hp remap for the car, an iPad 2, or a 3D monitor :(

Evo 5 RS
Scrap the iPad imo ;) one less thing to worry about

Just tried 3D for the first time after the 1.9 Patch

3D no longer works correctly lol..

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
Remap then?

....without question... if you go with the screen instead I'll get it remapped for you if you let me have it for a weekend lol ; D

"Crysis 2 may flicker on the SLI-enabled configurations having a GPU dedicated to PhysX (no matter if PhysX is enabled in NVIDIA control panel). 3D Vision does not work on 64-bit systems (dx11-only issue), as a temporary solution you are being advised to switch to an older driver version as this might temporarily solve that issue and probably it will be resolved with a driver update by Nvidia along with the SLI problem also mentioned above. There is also an issue that may cause anisotropic filtering to get disabled for DX9, the temporary solution for the moment is to force it trough the control panel of the video drivers"

The problem there was you spent too much on the CPU instead of GPU(s). I'd love a 990X but know I'm better off with 2 x 580s.

You'd be mental to invest in a 990X now! End of life product!

The problem there was you spent too much on the CPU instead of GPU(s). I'd love a 990X but know I'm better off with 2 x 580s.

Good point but the GXT580 wasn't around then.

You're right though, the extreme processors are overkill for gamers.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Good point but the GXT580 wasn't around then.

You're right though, the extreme processors are overkill for gamers.

This! Haha.
I don't see why people with i7 920's have upgraded already.
Still good for a few years yet! Thats what I hope to get from this :rasp:

EDIT: 2 Downloads done, High Res Textures at 50%..

I wanna play :(

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
I sold my 9650X to my mate and he's still got it...there's just no call for cpu power in games anymore, all GPU dependent bitchez

Wow. Really battering through this. Obviously the environments are not as outright pretty as Crysis, but it looks so good. In the heat of battle and face-to-face combat it's awesome. Some astonishing depth of field with particles floating in front of your face as you exchange bullets. Really enjoying it, and this is pretty much the third time I've seen it all.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I sold my 9650X to my mate and he's still got it...there's just no call for cpu power in games anymore, all GPU dependent b**chez

Yep. Im thinking of ditching the Crossfire'd 4890's at some point. Still good cards, but they can be tested on some games with the highest settings.

Still, I paid hardly anything for them, so I can't complain. :)

D.

I think my GFX cards have been;

ATI 9800Pro
Nvidia 6800 Ultra
Nvidia 7950 GX2
Nvidia 8800GTS SLI
Nvidia GTX295
Nvidia GTX580 SLI