ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise and After market Wheel

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Anyone came up with a good way of doing this yet? Rather than just sticking the standard buttons on?

Iv spotted this thread but the pics no longer work so no idea about it :(

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...wheel-Cruise-Control&highlight=cruise+control

How easy would it be to just add 4 buttons to an after market wheel and wire it up that way?

Example (Epic Paint Skills)

Untitled_zps1893014d.png

In my head it seems simple :eek:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Or you could do this and not have to drill the face of the wheel ;)

wheel1.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Or there is that.. you just taped/fastened the wires to the back of the wheel? Did you need to lengthen the wires at all?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yes had to extend the wires.

here's a photo of the back of the wheel:

wheel2.jpg

E46 M3
Have a search theres a few threads on it. I used a mount from demon tweaks and wired in my own resistors.

Renaultsport 220T
Cut a template from a sheet of CF, positioned buttons, drilled and fitted, then wired in with the correct resistors. Works well.

Renaultsport 220T
Good diagram ^^^

resistors are easily picked up in maplins. Steady hand and patience of a saint required to wire it all in.

274R - Left toggle button (+)
100R - Left toggle button (-)
910R - Right toggle button (R & O)