ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crashed the car last night :(

black 3 door clio 1.2 16v
hi guys . i officailly am a t**t lol , was crawling down my street last night , lightish snow so around 2-4mph, then i heared bang some lil t**t hit me with a snowball (kids :p) i was fine for about 3 secs before the car began to slide then i hit an island side on wheels only, the damage ...... passenger wheel f**ked , steering problem and passenger seat fu**ed as the airbags went off,, how gutted am i :(

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol, always amazes me how people do this

(awaits my i crashed my car thread)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Learning to drive over the winter month when your 17 ftw, i got a few days of snow when i was on my L plates :p great fun.

sorta jus looked at him ,i didn click to what happend for ages lol , and no a snow ball didn send me into a slide lol , a snowball hit my car , so i took my attention off the road , and then went into a slide shortly after lol .... i know the kids anyway lol

320d
You wouldn't of done so much damage hitting a kerb at 2-4mph lets be honest. must have been going at least 10mph.

Do you realise how slow 2-4mph is, walking pace, a bit of kerbing to your alloys yes, but not airbags and fcuked steering.

I'm sure you've learnt from your mistake anyway, its a harsh lesson to learn I know, its happened to me.

You can't do 4mph without slipping the clutch in a Clio. (unless you have 10" wheels perhaps).

indeed... not sure about the 1.2 as I've never driven a 1.2 clio... but to do 2-4mph in my 182 would mean the clutch would have to be used! :S

Unlucky about the bump, hopefully it won't cost too much to repair.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
To be fair, in a 1.2 yes you can go that slow without using the clutch, but i had two near misses yesterday and hit one kerb (camber on the road and brakes locked up on ice so went into it) but was probably doing about 10mph and all it result in was me being annoyed i may have marked my alloy...

onestly now guys onestly im to blame , u cant blame the wether im jus sayin , i wasnt going fast an tbh i aint got a clue how the fukin air bag went off lol ,, i havnt had a chance to look at the damage underneath yet all i sed is possible damage , i kno my wheel is fuked for sure tho

Clio Williams & 182
I've smacked my old scooby on kerbs in the snow before about 14 years ago, its no big deal, and to be honest powersliding about going apeshit sideways at 40 odd was well worth a minor scrub out of the alloys :D

Awesome fun.

FN2 Type R GT
Airbag off could be a write off on a 1.2, mine went off on my old car and they wrote it off, tough to take but be prepared for the worst...

200bhp 172 cup
i dont get why there's more crashes on clio sport than any other car forum ive been on! shocking tbh

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Cant you turn the pasenger airbags off with the key? Will save lots more money that way :D

i hope it iosnt lol,, im guna use the damge to replace with beter parts anyway, buckets etc

wouldnt waste your time putting buckets in a 1.2. Pick up a pair of RS seats in the for sale section for next to nothing with airbags that will go straight on your runners.

Clio 172
hi guys . i officailly am a tw*t lol , was crawling down my street last night , lightish snow so around 2-4mph, then i heared bang some lil tw*t hit me with a snowball (kids :p) i was fine for about 3 secs before the car began to slide then i hit an island side on wheels only, the damage ...... passenger wheel f**ked , steering problem and passenger seat fu**ed as the airbags went off,, how gutted am i :(

sorry to here the same fella!!! some bell end smashed my up the last nite! hope things get sorted for ya!