ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed My Car

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
well was out in my car earlier tonight and was driving on a country road and came down a hill took a bend and was about to go up the other hill and a corsa appeared over the top (cant see over the top as theres a bend) i pressed my brakes and the back end of my car came around and i was heading towards the car sideways, could see the front of the corsa coming towards my door so i turned and the back end came around abit more and then BANG!!:(

back end of the car was well and truely fucked the corsa and gone half way in to my boot distroying my subwoofers and causing one of them to fly out and hit the corsas windscreen.

aparantly another clio had rolled over just a few minutes away on a different road... not a good day for clios...

and before anyone asks i was doing 40-50mph and was already slowing for the second hill.

Monaco RS Clio 172
sorry to hear it fella

in future try to make sure you BOLT heavy objects such as sub woofers to the deck as it could have been worse had you been rear ended or rear ended somebody else matey

imagine a sub woofer hitting the back of you or your passengers head at incredibly high speeds

I know this seems like I'm bitching - I'm not. if your sub woofer managed to fly out and go all the way into this cars wind screen, this tells you just how much acceleration they have in an accident. if I was you I would be thanking somebody up there that that sub woofer did not take your head off.

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
sorry to hear it fella

in future try to make sure you BOLT heavy objects such as sub woofers to the deck as it could have been worse had you been rear ended or rear ended somebody else matey

imagine a sub woofer hitting the back of you or your passengers head at incredibly high speeds

I know this seems like I'm b**ching - I'm not. if your sub woofer managed to fly out and go all the way into this cars wind screen, this tells you just how much acceleration they have in an accident. if I was you I would be thanking somebody up there that that sub woofer did not take your head off.
the sub went out of the rear of the car as the boot opend in the accident and it broke free from the actual box as my car spun around and headed towards the car that was on the other side of the road backwards, i know your not bitching but yeah it shocked me how both subs broke free from the box, i was just so glad it didnt go threw the other cars windscreen!

Monaco RS Clio 172
the sub went out of the rear of the car as the boot opend in the accident and it broke free from the actual box as my car spun around and headed towards the car that was on the other side of the road backwards, i know your not b**ching but yeah it shocked me how both subs broke free from the box, i was just so glad it didnt go threw the other cars windscreen!

yeah, lucky one that it didn't..wind screens are tough old buggers :)

hey though glad to hear you are ok mate and just get up and wipe your mouth of it and move on, try not to dwell on it too much, onwards and upwards

1*2 next? :)

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
yeah, lucky one that it didn't..wind screens are tough old buggers :)

hey though glad to hear you are ok mate and just get up and wipe your mouth of it and move on, try not to dwell on it too much, onwards and upwards

1*2 next? :)
im only 18 and dont think im going to be getting insured on one of them for a while now lol not to bothered about the crash, it happens to everyone cant keep thinking about it, whats done is done, but thank god no one got hurt:)

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
that it mate happens to the best ov us ya just been unluky

u telling ya insurance about the crash
yeah going to give them a call in the morning to let them know whats happend, the police man was saying that it was extra slippy as its the first time it rained in a week so it was all greasy (sp)

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
didnt have any NCB but im gutted now my insurance is going to be sky high on what ever i get next

Clio 197 08
Gutted to hear about your crash mate! Dont give up hope though, i had a fault accident when i was 18 and im 20 now with a fully insured 197!!

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
will get some up in a little while mate
LOL.

I dont get it.. Were you on the wrong side of the road?
If not why did you apply your brakes when you seen the corsa :S

sorry if im being daft

Bad news either way
i had come off a bend and saw the corsa and were it was the road was tight so i applied my brakes to slow down and thats when the back came around
Gutted to hear about your crash mate! Dont give up hope though, i had a fault accident when i was 18 and im 20 now with a fully insured 197!!
i wont give up hope mate

Black 197
i know this may sound harsh and its a natural reaction but i bet if the brakes were released the back end would have stepped back in resulting in no accident, Lack of experience i presume, In no way am i saying you a cr*p driver its just experience defo counts on the road

Hope you get it sorted though pal

Flying subs !! That be in the paper as "UFO Spotted" lol

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
So you were coming down a hill and braking and the back end stepped out?
i came down the hill took the bend was just about to go up another smallish hill and saw the car as i came off the bend and then i braked
i know this may sound harsh and its a natural reaction but i bet if the brakes were released the back end would have stepped back in resulting in no accident, Lack of experience i presume, In no way am i saying you a cr*p driver its just experience defo counts on the road

Hope you get it sorted though pal

Flying subs !! That be in the paper as "UFO Spotted" lol
yeah experience defo counts, at the time of the accident it just didnt click in my head to let go and press agen, its just one of those things:(

Sorry to hear this, Never good crashing at a young age what with insurance and that.

But oh well, At least your alright. Everyone i know who's young has either written a car off or had a little accident before whilst still learning the roads.

WANTED Arctic 182
Sounds unlucky mate. I made stupid error about 4 weeks ago that's costing me £800 to fix. Can't wait to get car back tomorrow!

I put my accident down to lack of experience, sounds the same for you. At the end of the day we all learn from mistakes and hopefully it won't happen again. At least you're ok, cars can be replaced.

Hope it's not too costly for you! :)

Black 197
I used to drive buses / coaches before my promotion, Going sideways in a bus fully laden is fricking scary !! 25 degree hill plus oil/water has fail written all over it in a 20 Tonne vehicle

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
here are the pictures.. (sorry for the size couldnt get them smaller)

Image139.jpg

Image141.jpg

Image142.jpg

Image143.jpg

Image144.jpg

Image140.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
gutting, when i was 17 back end came out on my 106 i just planted it n it came back in like said above proberly would of come back in if you took your foot off the brake, i know how gutting it is to have your pride n joy minced some b**ch did it to me at christmas of all times lol, car wasnt anywere near as bad as yours but it was for me if you get what im saying

AK

M240i
Ouch!!

I crashed my car when i first passed my test :) tbh it's part and parcel for most people!

Like you say, your glad nothing fatal happened. Cars can be replaced :)...

You going to look at getting another clio or..?