ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crank sensor? problems with pic inside..

my car recently showed the toxic gas light on the dash, the codes were read and it came back on the clip as " DF024 Vehicle speed sensor circuit" the cars been feeling really hard to to pull away (almost stalls) especially when going from 1st to reverse! also seems quite jerky when shifting, anyway i was told to clean the crank sensor, 1 of the bolts were loose on this, and it lookes abit bodged up... i cleaned it, tightened it back up etc reset the light, today i done around 150 miles, the car felt a hell of a lot better to drive, shifting smoothly, and easy to pull away etc... but after 100 miles the lights came back on!!!!

should the blue plug look like this? (it had a tie wrap round it for some reason.. is it the correct plug etc?)
also the wires are soldered on...

IMG_0790-vi.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's the later spec CPS but the cable tie is an optional extra and shouldn't really be there unless it's holding the plug in place due to a broken clip.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Well yes, it's a hall effect sensor so has a finite lifespan and is susceptible to degradation due to heat soak and contamination of the pickup but they're not as bad as the older ones.

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
Would the newer spec tdc sensor last less than 8000 miles?

Had mine original one changed in order to resolve the jerky idle and had no difference with the newer spec but now i get the same fault

172/1.2/E30
Well yes, it's a hall effect sensor so has a finite lifespan and is susceptible to degradation due to heat soak and contamination of the pickup but they're not as bad as the older ones.

Are you sure that it's a hall-effect-based sensor? It has only two wires so i'd assume it's a regular inductive sensor.

FF Racing Blue 182
ok ive had this crop up df024 vehicle speed sensor circuit

what should i be looking for and what does this code mean.......thanks