ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

could my phase 1 possibly be remapped??!!

phase 1 clio 172
i have a phase 1 172 with 182 inlet, 4 branch manifold, decat and full stainless mongoose system, was messing about last night doing some 0-60 runs and they was coming at 6 secs, sometimes 6.2, would anyone guess to say my car maybe has a remap or would i get that kind of time from the simple mods that iv got? i dont seem to get a noticable kick of power till 5k

phase 1 clio 172
Hmmm il go and have a look in a min an see, would you guess to say its already been mapped or does that kind of figure sound right for the mods? im not brilliant with cars but surly it cant be that quick with just those simple mods

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Quickest way to tell is usually the rev limit is higher. Wait until the oil is properly up to temp and see where the limiter is. Standard is 7250 in 1st and 2nd, 7000 in the others, if it goes higher then its defo been mapped.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
0-60 times depend on alot of things like grip/take off and gearchange etc!

As John said, the limiter is usually different, or if you drive it when its cold does it drive like a bag of s**t? Mine wasnt mapped and it used to be very bad until it was warmed up. Same as the rest of the clios i believe.

0-60 times depend on alot of things like grip/take off and gearchange etc!

As John said, the limiter is usually different, or if you drive it when its cold does it drive like a bag of s**t? Mine wasnt mapped and it used to be very bad until it was warmed up. Same as the rest of the clios i believe.

+1 mine is great on long runs, very quick. but to start with on cold mornings it just feels a bit slugish and lumpy

phase 1 clio 172
just took her out, gave her a good warm up, she idles at 800 rpm, only managed to give it the beans up to 3rd gear.....so 1st gear limiter was 7250, 2nd 7250 3rd 7000

phase 1 clio 172
i always let it warm up properly like you would with a turbo car and even cool down properly, and i only give it the go when she is nice and warm ....i need a rstuner box now! if she is this quick with out a 98 ron map then i cant wait to get the map on and she what she is like afterwards