ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corrosion on injection computer connections - please help :)

Hi, i have spent an hour or so searching the forums to try and find a similar problem but havent found any.

My 1.2 clio is dropping in revs when idle as if its going to stall, but strangely only when on a hill facing downwards ? dont know if this has any relevance or if its just a coincidence. Anyway i have taken it to the dealer and they have told me:

corrosion on injection computer connections, engine loom and computer required.
manifold pressure switch
- works
Seal Computer
Check Actis
Loom Engine
Capteur Pressi

Total 827.29 ex vat

I am sure because of 1 faulty connection or something they are charging for a full ecu replacement

but would anyone be able to explain a bit more what they are doing?

thanks in advance

Sounds like the common issue of the loom being damaged.

Best fix it to take it to some good electrician and get him/her to repair the loom thats the common issue the loom gets worn on the protective bracket.

Renault dealers fix it just to replace the looma but if they think the euc is gone they replace that going what they said is probably the fix but its the expersive way round also check the spark plugs coil packs etc on the car.