ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooksport springs. Genuinely impressed.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We fitted some Cooksport springs to our rs2 ph2 Clio today over at danlp6's place (thanks for the loan of one of your ramps dan!)

the drive home is twisty A and B roads that I know well so a good opportunity to press on a bit.

I will be perfectly honest that the only reason we fitted them was to slightly lower the car compared to the eibachs and I was just hoping it wouldn't sacrifice the handling or ride in order to achieve that.

To my amazement though. It drives not just as well but actually better than the eibachs, it feels just slightly firmer, enough to handle a little better but doesn't seem to sacrifice ride quality at all to achieve it, they really are bloody excellent.

Been a long time since I've been so impressed with a product tbh.

Fair play to josh, he really has come up with something really fantastic there, its not like the eibachs really have any faults so I really didn't expect any spring to be an even better combination of handling and looks and comfort than they were. We seem to have gained slightly on looks (about 10mm lower ish) and on handling but lost nothing I can discern on comfort.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The one thing that bothers me about my prolines is that the back is so much higher than the front,
i've no back seats because of the dog so there's less weight in the back.

I have been thinking, is it worth spending £120 just to make it sit a little lower?
But if the ride and handling is better than prolines, it may be worth it.

Which Eibachs were you using, Pro or Sportlines?

172 Cup
Got my Ktec coilovers taken off today & fitted all new suspension & Cooksport springs. The car is so much nicer to drive now.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
I was thinking about them. Ive got prolines and with a stripped interior it sits quite high.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Interesting. Iv got eibach sportlines on mine they are excellent but would like a slightly lower stance

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
The one thing that bothers me about my prolines is that the back is so much higher than the front,
i've no back seats because of the dog so there's less weight in the back.

I have been thinking, is it worth spending £120 just to make it sit a little lower?
But if the ride and handling is better than prolines, it may be worth it.

Which Eibachs were you using, Pro or Sportlines?

Im doing exactly that dave, ive got prolines atm and ill be getting some cooksports payday

i have a set of these springs on my megane r26, i was suprised how well they handled once fitted, they are also smoother than the standard eibach's IMO, not crashy at all, i went from a set of leda coilovers to these and the coilovers were stupidly stiff, needed something not far from standard but wanted the car to handle better rather than just lower the car!!

172 Cup
My cup about 15 minutes after the springs were fitted with new shocks etc.

image-3.jpg

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Theres probably pictures in other theads but Chip, have you got any pictures of the car sitting on the springs do you?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Took it up the multi storey (flat surface) and took some before pics. Will go back when its settled. Also measured all four corners from wheel rim to arch, will do that again too.

172 Cup
So Eibach vs Cooksport?
I dont want my car to feel like some 18yr olds lowered it on the cheap.
Will be using new OEM shocks.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Measurements for Eibach on our car from the inside of the outer wheel lip to the start of the arch:
Rear: 11.8cm, 11.6cm : AVE 11.7
Front: 12.7cm, 12.5cm : AVE 12.6

Cooksport on the same car:
Rear: 11, 10.7 : AVE 10.85
Front: 11.6, 11.3 : AVE 11.45

So on our car the cooksports have sat roughly 1cm lower all the way round.

Measurements for Eibach on our car from the inside of the outer wheel lip to the start of the arch:
Rear: 11.8cm, 11.6cm : AVE 11.7
Front: 12.7cm, 12.5cm : AVE 12.6

Cooksport on the same car:
Rear: 11, 10.7 : AVE 10.85
Front: 11.6, 11.3 : AVE 11.45

So on our car the cooksports have sat roughly 1cm lower all the way round.

Ty, just what I wanted to know, now to figure out if it's worth the hassle of changing to Cooksport for 1cm drop :p

I've been tempted too I must admit. The rears sit a little high on mine but the fronts are literally perfect I don't see how it could go any lower. The wheel would be in the arch if so.

172 Race Car
Everyone has got to remember that Josh has tailored these to give good handling. The ride heigts will be for that reason if of thought.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Everyone has got to remember that Josh has tailored these to give good handling. The ride heigts will be for that reason if of thought.

Agreed. At the end of the day he is a very talented racing driver who loves getting the most from a chassis handling wise, that will alwas be his motivation with products.

It was the sport line eibachs we had before.

s**t , and that's what i have just ordered to go on the car but not had them arrive yet ........

is this on the daily Chip ?

as i might cancel the Eibachs and stick some Cooksports on if they are that much better .

BG 182 FF
Haha, just seen this thread but ordered the Cooksport springs last night. Look forward to seeing how they improve things.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Knew you would love them.. I have the very first set on my 182 and they have been on for 5 months now.. Can't fault them at all! Brilliant compromise between handling, ride height and comfort.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes Harv. On my mrs daily. Went and tried a really bad road near me today. Can feel tthe bumps marginally more than the eibachs. So I think for a pure daily the eibach might still be the winner but if you have any intention to track it then I'd go for the Cooksport.

it might see a track .... maybe , if i can be arsed ..... fancy getting back to spa

sound like a plan as i have to fit a set due to the mot fail and spring breaking ......may go cooksport then .