ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cookie's Mondeo ST220 Estate

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
PMSL at Tom's edit of that post.

I've been having fun opening all the windows (and closing them) just by holding down the button on the remote. So much fun.

Also love that all the windows are one touch open and close.

german
Mondeo's got a bigger boot and got more rear legroom. For an estate car I'd say that was pretty important?

That looks great.
I have a 3 series estate, rear legroom is fine. You'd need to be a basketball player to be uncomfortable. The boot is indeed terrible though, stupid shape.
I'd much rather have the Mondeo and 10k in my pocket :dapprove:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
553461_10151661951131917_2076752052_n.jpg

Took a picture of the front. I need to actually take pictures with something other than a BB.

Admire the wife's f**king terrible parking.

Its fcuking massive that proper barge. Whats out there for subtle mods? a free flowing zorstzorz would sound brilliant I bet!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Its fcuking massive that proper barge. Whats out there for subtle mods? a free flowing zorstzorz would sound brilliant I bet!

Staying standard on that front. Had enough of modifying cars. It makes a nice noise as standard tbf.

Re the size, its 4.8m long. I've only ever owned Clio's before, and it's more than a metre longer.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Other than "because it's fun" or it being a great way to run the battery down in the key fob, I've never really been in a situation where I've found the global window open/close function any use.

Leon Cupra 300
Has it got a full Ford history?

Either way I'd bang a new set of plugs in it. It's very common for garages to change the front bank but leave the rear bank as it's a bit of a t**t as you have to remove the intake manifold.

When i put a new set in mine it was like night and day.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Either way I'd bang a new set of plugs in it. It's very common for garages to change the front bank but leave the rear bank as it's a bit of a tw*t as you have to remove the intake manifold.

Yep, FFSH

Rear plugs were changed along with a load of other stuff as part of a fault finding exercise that turned out to be fcuked lambdas (by the previous owner) in April.

Either way I'd bang a new set of plugs in it. It's very common for garages to change the front bank but leave the rear bank as it's a bit of a tw*t as you have to remove the intake manifold.

Which in turn rots the catalytic convertor for the back bank, which costs mega money because it's an engine out job.

Leon Cupra 300
Yep, FFSH

Rear plugs were changed along with a load of other stuff as part of a fault finding exercise that turned out to be fcuked lambdas (by the previous owner) in April.

Ah good job then.. You'll not get bored of that noise

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Come September it'll be on winter wheels, so no real danger of that Gaz :)

Reminds me, what's the smallest wheels it can take over the standard brakes?

533174_10151664699926917_1134524606_n.jpg

Hai!

418209_10151664700491917_1779952708_n.jpg

Interior

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
376731_10151662924696917_1438640871_n.jpg

Bai Clio \o

Fcuking sneaky Russian! When did you take that?!

I can also confirm that this mondeo is proper clean. Looks like a completely different car in real life!

Last edited:
  Leon Cupra 300
It'll take any standard Mondeo steelies.

ST220 has same brakes as the rest of the Mondeo range. That's why they're crap lol

Mk5 golf gti
Looks cool, I've driven a couple and I like them.

Although 5 speed sounds a bit rubbish for a cruiser

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
You got your own private reg, Terry?

Nope. It's going back on the 03 plates once the previous owner tells me the DVLA have sorted things out. Though the original plate reads 'Boys' so I may get a private plate anyway. Maybe a V6 plate, for giggles.