ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

convo with renault about service cost

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

just had them on the phone as i wrote a complaint letter about the service cost at my local dealer compared to others around the country.

Derby renault wanted to charge £225 for a service whereas Birmingham said £165

basically they have said as derby renault is not owned by renault but a franchise they have no control of labour costs only prices of parts, whereas birmingham is partly owned by renault so thay have a say in how much everything costs.

is there anyway we can have a permenent post where it says who got the best price for a service with the name of garage etc....

RX-8

Is there a list of renault partly owned gagrages then as I was charged £263 for my first I keep meaning to write and complain just havnt got around to it yet!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Hate to say this, but didnt you ask before you put it in for a service ? you are allowed to choose where you get your car serviced (competition and all that )

Chocolate Bar™

my local renault dealership is an independant garage chain (so not renault owned) and they charge £170 for the 18k service.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Silly question maybe while were on the subject- BuT DOES YOUR CAR have to be serviced at a Renault garage or can it be services anywhere? My 18,000mile service is due soon&all they do is change the oil&filters!

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i havent had it done i just wrote a letter to complain about the situation, im only likely to have the one service as i do very little mileage so thought id just get a renault one.

cheers 182 blue what car was the £133 service on?

u can have it done anywhere that uses renault parts etc...

CLIO

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 28 January 2005

Silly question maybe while were on the subject- BuT DOES YOUR CAR have to be serviced at a Renault garage or can it be services anywhere? My 18,000mile service is due soon&all they do is change the oil&filters!
why 18000 buddy,thought it was 12000 mile intervals for servicing a 172

Good example of Renault!

Exeter Renault Main Dealer;

1 set front disks, standard service inc parts and labour = £550.

Local garage (fully qualified used to work for main dealer). same job, same parts etc = £195.

Its not renault specific (try Lotus!), and as a franchise can do what it wants you have little choice but to vote with your feet & take your servicing elsewhere.

Would be good to have a section where people post the dealer, service type & costs.

36k service at my local Renault Franchise is £330. When I was in there ordering my new alloy a guy was pretty peeved at the cost, apparently when he had his 18k it was £60 for the oil change. The woman explained that they use fully synthetic oil, which is why its so expensive.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

he said i can save 5.95 a litre if i supply my own oil to

i dont even know how much is 5 litres of oil is cost wise

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 29 January 2005

he said i can save 5.95 a litre if i supply my own oil to

i dont even know how much is 5 litres of oil is cost wise

I purchased 44 litres of fully synthetic elf oil as did StuV6, we have mentioned it loads before but just compare the price we paid to what they charge you,

1X 2 litre bottle = just over £2 so about £6 for the oil for a clio oil change! and thats fully synthetic!

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 28 January 2005

I dont think it has. As long as they are an authorised service provider. I take my Scooby to a very good place near the local dealer (best not put the name as I may get told off for advertising ;) . When I mean an authorised service provider they use genuine parts etc. I have had mine serviced twice and have also had a warrenty claim - best to check with the main dealer but try and speak to someone other than the Service Manager etc.

Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 28 January 2005

i havent had it done i just wrote a letter to complain about the situation, im only likely to have the one service as i do very little mileage so thought id just get a renault one.

cheers 182 blue what car was the £133 service on?

u can have it done anywhere that uses renault parts etc...

the £133 service is for a 182, its a fixed price servicing, they do the same with brake pads supplied/fitted (£88), oil change (£50)

not bad i suppose

Shhh

I think i paid about £160 for my 1.2 16v service...(18,000 mile) in Reg Vardy, Sunderland as i got a price from where i bought the car (Lookers Chester) and asked if they can price match, and they did.

oh yeah? well beat this, renault west london (the big one) want £410 for a 36k mile service. the guy said "well that includes change of spark plugs, timing belt and oil filter"

noooo? really? change the oil filter too? thats kind of him

Hey Mike,

Would that be the main Renault dealer based in exeter on a large ind est??

Just had a "run in" my self with them, not service related, but finance related,