ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Condensation within!

New Kangoo Van!
Basically ive had this problem with my windows steaming up over the past few weeks and its becoming a total nuisance now.

Whenever I get into the car and put the heaters on all windows just steam up straight away, and the only way of getting rid of this is by having the ac on all the time. If I ever switch it off the windows just steam straight back up again within seconds!

Also, if I go over 50mph I get a whistling noise coming from the front somewhere and if I put the drivers window down a bit the noise gets louder. This is only when the heaters are on.

There is also a cold draft in the drivers footwell coming in.

There must be a fault somewhere as I didnt have these problems last winter.

If any of you guys have encountered the same probs let me know how you sorted it out.

Thanks a lot guys!

New Kangoo Van!
Wistle means a leak somewhere. My door seals were abit dodgy near the wing mirrors and this was causing my condensation

yeah that noise has definately got someting to do with the window seal/frame area, just the cold air coming in from the footwell is odd.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Also dont forget you need to use the air con over the winter,just to stop water building up...

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I have the same problem. It's very annoying!

I did have a new windscreen installed a while back, but as far as I know it's not leaking. I'll have to check the seals.