ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Concert!

Megane
Going to a concert on Monday/Tuesday.

Not going to be too far from the action so looking at a good lens that will do the business.

I already have an 18-55 and a 70-300

50mm 1.8 good for the low light?

Any advise people?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Have a gander through my flickr album and raid the exif data.. It's not amazing, but gives you some idea !! When you get bored of that, have a look through Flickr for more of the same from professionals haha !

50mm will be awesome, but framing is challenging..

I think I turned the exposure comp. down a tad ?

Curtain sync flash might be fun to try !

edit - DUH might help to put the link up:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/evil_giraffes_rule/sets/72157618451742931/

Last edited:

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Also in my experience, the shallow DoF with a nifty-fifty opened right up doesn't help with useful clarity when you're trying to capture a moving target. For sure something will be perfectly in focus, but it may not be the bit you want.

I'd typically use my good old 18-55, running at ISO 1600 (which is remarkably good on my 500D) at -2/3 to -1ev. With good stage lighting on the important subjects then should work out as long as you can stay still enough!

Megane
Also in my experience, the shallow DoF with a nifty-fifty opened right up doesn't help with useful clarity when you're trying to capture a moving target. For sure something will be perfectly in focus, but it may not be the bit you want.

I'd typically use my good old 18-55, running at ISO 1600 (which is remarkably good on my 500D) at -2/3 to -1ev. With good stage lighting on the important subjects then should work out as long as you can stay still enough!

The singer I am going to see has a habit of popping lots of smoke on the stage, and last time using the flash was impossible!

I have an 18-55 but will probably try and pick up the IS model of it?