ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

components & amp

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
Righty then i had a thread a while back asking what components to buy and got no real answers from it that made me make my mind up on what to buy.

So hear goes ive pretty much decided im not wanting a sub as i have no space and really feel a tit with my music on loud, so i feel theres no need for one. But then again i may decide to add one later on.

So for the moment im after either just components or components and amp.
My budget for the two will be £500 but i may be willing to spend a little more if the performance will be greatly improved.
I listen to mainly rap, hip hop and a little dance.
I know people are normally advised on rainbow components but is there anything else out there worth looking at?

1.6 focus zetec....
Looks as though bryan hasnt been on for a while 'cos he's the audio expert usualy...i asked him about comps and he recommended the rainbow slx230 so a set of them are in the post now...if you can though strech to the rainbow deluxes! Not really sure about the amp, just something little...about 200w RMS

Kiza

Nike Lunar Elite's
Everyone raves about the Rainbows, but as I've not heard them I dont want to comment, but I can recommend DLS MS6's which sound fantastic in mine once I'd built some decent spacers + the tweeters fit perfectly into the oe positions on the dash.

Civic type R
I'd strongly recc the DLS components,

I own a car audio shop in suffolk, I've been dealing with DLS for some time now and the results are always tip top.

I supply and install 80% of all installations on the Civic type R site, these guys ALWAYS go for the DLS speakers and are NEVER disapointed.

Steve

DLS Good Choice
Rainbow Good Choice
Crystal Good Choice

in fact, if you avoid the household (halfords) names, you'll generally get quite a decent product in relation to the money you pay

there are exceptions to this rule, but i'm fed up going on and on about it on here

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
ive got vibe SEK-50's and ther pretty damn good, budget wouldnt stretch to the rainbows, never heard them but thats whats always reccomended.

Monaro VXR
asked in my local audio shop about rainbow components guy said he wasnt a dealer but id be better getting them over most of the stuff in his shop for the same price so must be good.

Might order myself a set in a couple days just og tmy headunit in and my standard speakers are already dying. Just cant handle the sound properly at all.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
at the moment im looking at maybe even just buying a set of the slc230 kicks and running them of the headunit, would amping them up maike much difference in sound quility?

i can afford the cs230 profi at £379 whats the performance like over the 230 kicks id expect quite a bit for the extra £200.

ive looked on other forums at the dls stuff and they seem to allways be getting the good reviews but what models are the ones i would be looking for for my price as i cant seem to find anyonline shops with them.

Nike Lunar Elite's
My DLS MS6's retail at around the £300 mark afaik, but I think they are being discontinued. Managed to get mine for £140 delivered ! ! !

muz

big fat japanese bus
MS (Magnesium cones)

R6A (Paper cones)

UR6 (sexy whats in mine)

IR6 (Drool)

Nobelium

dls components (Good ones)

THe R6As are £160 M6As about the same

UR6s £300

IR6s £450

Nobelium :) :) tba

I have used DLS exclusivley for 3 years now Very happy bunny with them

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
so out of that lot what would you recomend for me muzz?

and would they be better than the rainbows?

muz

big fat japanese bus
give me a amount of money

if you can afford it get the EMMA winning DLS IR6s

see www.dls.se click on champion car audio UK

then go to speakers then ultimate range

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
ok ill say 300 is my budget for components.

the ir6s look god but im doubting they are in my budget whats the prices of them all? so i can get a idea.

Monaro VXR
But if your buying really expensive components. Wouldnt it be better to buy lower spec'd ones and amp them rather than run them off the rather small output ost headunits give out which is at most around 22w RMS?

My alpine unit only gives out 18w RMS per channel.

too right wozza, you couldnt be more right. But im guessing hes buying components & an amp together or he is intended on buying an amp in the not so distance future...

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i was thinking of running them off the headunit seeing how that goes. i find the standards easily load enough, just not a very good quility sound.
that is unless the system would really benifit from having a amp.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've got Pheonix Gold comps, Genesis profile 4 amp. Not put it all in yet, but i think it'll sound ok. cost under 400!

Monaro VXR
bendee said:
i was thinking of running them off the headunit seeing how that goes. i find the standards easily load enough, just not a very good quility sound.
that is unless the system would really benifit from having a amp.

The standards are only like 3 watts rms or somethign stupid. When you put in bigger louder more powerful speakers they in turn need more to power them usually to get the same levels out of them. So yes it would be beneficial to amp them rather than run them from a headunit.