ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold running problem

clio 182 FF silver
Hi
I know that the 172/182/197 are often hesitant/lumpy when cold - (this is my 4th one) but my current 182 is different in that when I start from cold after about a quarter of a mile when I am doing about 60 in top gear the engine feels as if it is going to die - no response at all but if I just drop a gear it clears and runs fine. As I said I am used to the normal lumpy starting but this is different.
Any ideas?
The only other thing I would say is that low speed fuel consumption is not that great, not diabolical but does not improve as much as others I have had.As far as I know engine is standard apart from catback milltek & K&N filter in std airbox

Thanks Greg

53 Clio's & counting
First thing's first, has it had a cambelt change? If the timing is out it will run a bit lumpy, have worse fuel consumption and usually is flat at low revs

clio 182 FF silver
It has had dephaser and belts relatively recently but the relatively poor low speed fuel consumption was there before the change and the problem I am asking about has only occurred in the last week or so, a couple of months after the belt change so I guess you could say the 2 problems are not related and timing is OK? Engine feels strong when warm/high speed. I was wondering if injectors ever need cleaning?