ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold air intake small pipe on elbow

Clio sport 172
Just a quick one can anyone tell me where the small pipe that comes out of the elbow, for the cold air intake go and what it's for, mine is just dangling off the elbow pipe at the moment cheers folks.

clio 182
the pipe out the right hand side of the airbox leading down near the wheel should connect to the "acoustic valve" 98% of people on here disconnect it or remove it completely.

it's a pointless valve that Is either designed to quieten down intake noises or designed to give a unique intake note? either way remove it and make way for bigger better cold air feed

the not so "cold air feed" comes out the back of the air box and round the side towards the back of the headlight.

clio 182
this is what that side pipe connects to and hides behind your wheel arch liner. easy to remove
Screenshot_20160424-082336.png

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Off the elbow? If so, that's the breather pipe that goes into the back of the inlet. This pipe?

25997141684_847904b02a_o.jpg

If it's the acoustic valve as mentioned above and its been removed, then you need to block the pipe coming out of the from of the inlet. I did this yesterday:

26509709622_e1df682030_o.jpg

clio 182
If it's the acoustic valve as mentioned above and its been removed, then you need to block the pipe coming out of the from of the inlet. I did this yesterday:

26509709622_e1df682030_o-jpg.jpg

I take it this small pipe leads to the acoustic? because my acoustic is still bolted to the horn but no air pipe or electric plug in...so do I still need to block that vacuum pipe up??