ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
People of the cleaning fraternity.

I rarely venture in here, as @Scrooge will vouch for, I am not the best when it comes to cleaning things. I'm more a 'drive it' kind of guy ;)

Having said that, I need to some advice please. I have put some AST's on the clio, and removed my old bilsteins. The Bilsteins are caked in road "crud" and i'd like to clean them up all shiney new before I sell them on. What products are best, and is use of a jetwash recommended or not recommended?

I'd also like to keep the ASTs clean, so any recommendations on what to use periodically on those when I clean the car in general. Fanks.

@JD @gally

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Get yourself some Autosmart G101, it's a multi-purpose degreaser. That'll clean them up nicely.

To protect the AST's, something like GT85 spray will do the job.

As James has said to be honest, Oli. G101 with a foaming head/sprayer will help coupled with a soft detailing brush. This will remove all road grime. There will be iron and tax contaminants but I'd be careful using removers on something like coil overs. See where you stand once you've used G101.

330i. E30 Touring.
For the billies, you need one of these for the threads:
faithfull-wire-cup-brushes-range-grpfaiwbs50.jpg

Any painted areas, just use some hot soapy, you big tart.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You removing the wheels Cub and cleaning them on the car? G101 will help, they'll need a good scrub to be fair.

You need something to protect them though. ACF-50 or bilt-hamber UC.