ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers how to lower

Finally! Got my hand on some TaTechnix coilovers :D. Atm my clio dci is at the mechanic and due to the fact that I don't have any experience when it comes to coils, i thought that you might help me :). Ho do I lower the car exactly? I know that there are two rings one the adjuster(top) and the other to lock. How will I adjust them? And after I adjusted them do the two rings have to be touching each other or not? Thanks mates :)

the bottom ring is the lock ring, you move this first (usually just to get it out of the way) then move the top ring down or up depending on height.

down -> lower (less pre tension)
up -> higher (more pre tension)

Once at the right height, move the bottom ring up to the top and make sure they're tight together.

RS clio 182
the bottom ring is the lock ring, you move this first (usually just to get it out of the way) then move the top ring down or up depending on height.

down -> lower (less pre tension)
up -> higher (more pre tension)

Once at the right height, move the bottom ring up to the top and make sure they're tight together.

Couldnt of put it better.

Just 2 add u can't keep upping and downing each time u move it the tracking needs adjusting not much but can become costly. Find a height u like and try 2 stick 2 it. Also once every now and then lube up the coils to prevent em from rusting so u can adjust em in the future if need be.

Yes craig i will definitely lube the coilovers. Quite a pain if mud, rust etc would accumulate, Do you know a certain good product?