ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch replacement prices

Clio mk1 rally :P
hey

guys. after allot of hassel ive realised my clutch is seized up and needs replacing

but im getting confused at the prices the garages are quoting me.

they are saying its 6 hours labour!!! i really cant see why it would take that long.

does anyone know if this sounds right for a mk1 ph3 clio?

thanks!

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
6 hours aint bad, take gearbox off, drop subframe, take old clutch out, new clutch, gearbox back on, subframe back on.. A lot of work!

172 Cup
ive changed full fat sport clutch's in less than 6 hours, thats a tad excessive!! I'd say more 4 hours for a mk1, so much less to deal with!! As an example, we would charge
£180 inc VAT + your choice of clutch kit.

Clio mk1 rally :P
They said about 450 including vat and clutch!

Just got a quote from mr clutch and they say 205! That's alot better!

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Mr clutch done a clutch on mine before i bought it and they did not change the bearing which failed after 3000 miles after the new clutch being put in.

340i
LOL... I would avoid Mr. clutch!

Book time for an RS is 6-7hrs iirc!

When I did my MK1 RSi it took me he's as everything was super rusted :(

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
It’s just that I’m going to a mr clutch near me and I would like the best price possible and if they can reference any price it would help.

I've just been quoted 6 hours of work @£390. It seems a clutch is going to be quoted at a similar amount of time so I would expect the labour to be around £400 then its plus the parts you need.

04 clio extreme 4
I've just been quoted 6 hours of work @£390. It seems a clutch is going to be quoted at a similar amount of time so I would expect the labour to be around £400 then its plus the parts you need.
Depending on the garage, labour is 70 - 100 an hour. Ive been getting quotes. Cheapest was £692 at 6 hours but not priced p/h, most expensive was £890 using "genuine renault parts" but couldn't tell me who that was, at 9 hours labor at £75/h. So yeah. Varies a fair bit but anywhere between £700 and £900 depending on the clutch manufacturer.

04 clio extreme 4
At those sort of prices I would be getting myself to Halfords, buying a socket set, watching some YouTube videos and getting stuck in.
Well I got a call back from a small local place who only want £450, will use the valeo part, not that it costs more or less than any other, and will pick it up and bring it back. I bit their hand off.