ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch replacement on clio 1.2 8v, difficulty level?

Clio1.2, C2 VTR, 1.9 MJet
hi there how difficulf or easy is it to change clutch kit on 2001 1.2 8valver

not paying £300+

got 3 piece clutch kit, no alignment tool is this needed

ITB'd MK1
not as bad as changing the box as you can just move the box over. it's not very nice though as the subframe gets in the way a lot

i have a 2000 1.2 8v ahhhhhhhhhh got it was a b**ch to get the gear box out kept hitting off everything.i remember bringing the gearbox up towards the bonnet to take it out.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
We did a 16V 1.2, took the subframe off to get to it.

Was a right b*****d of a job, worst clutch I've personally ever done but not done many. In the future I'd let a garage do it. Not worth the hassle of doing it myself.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i did mine at beginning of this year took me around 3 hours, but i have a lift so thats kind of an advantage.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
much easier on a ramp but not that hard if you know what your doing/have done one before.

ive done a 1.2 16v, dci65 and 1.6 16v and they were all straight forward enough, doing my dci 100 next week too