ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams Set For 2014 Return

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Again?

That must be about the fourth or fifth time Autocar or autoexpress have reported it is coming back, lol.

They had pictures of one and everything for the 240bhp N/A version (which even my gran could have told you wasnt happening with an F4R and it still be emissions legal!)

http://motor-central.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/clio-williams-is-back-announced-for.html

Details right down to what tyres it was being sold with here:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/renault/clio/34924/clio-williams-back

FLOL

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
It's an Autocar image, and as such is most likely BS. That said, I would have loved to have seen a previous 200 Williams.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Do these magazines just make random sh1t up and people buy it?

Thats what a lot of "journalism" is these days, make a load of rubbish up, attribute it to an un-named source and then you arent lieing yourself.

In this case they use the line:
Renault is yet to officially confirm that a new Clio Williams is under development, but well placed sources have told Autocar that..

Its how all the gutterpress newspapers work as well.

Certainly not the way any of us who work as journalists and have some integrity actually operate but obviously it gives us all a bad name as its most people's first thoughts about journalism in general.

Anyone remember "drop the dead donkey", that was so true its frightening I reckon considering the amount of power the press has these days. They can destroy lives very easily for a story.

This think looks terrible!! I hope it's not actually going to happen!

Do these magazines just make random sh1t up and people buy it?
Auto Express are the worst for it! I don't recall any of their 'AE Exclusives' coming out looking like their 'artist pics' err, I mean photoshops.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
This think looks terrible!! I hope it's not actually going to happen!

It didnt, lol.

Auto Express are the worst for it! I don't recall any of their 'AE Exclusives' coming out looking like their 'artist pics' err, I mean photoshops.

Agreed, If you banned them from using the terms "sources close to..." and here is an "artists impression" they wouldnt have anything to write, lol.

baysthebest

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172/172Cup/182
Renault will be launching a more 'hardcore' version of the 200 but..... It won't be coming to the UK! :-(