ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams people, advice please...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I recently had my pants pulled down and got tucked up with a Williams 2. (long story, don't ask)

It owes me a boat load of money after various repairs/maintainence and theres no way its tidy enough to retail it for what it owes me let alone for a profit.

So I have two options...

I can either break the car or sell it at a loss and just get rid.

Does anyone know what sort of money I'll get for the car in bits? I'm not worried about time/effort as its been sat in my unit for god knows how long gathering dust so a bit longer won't hurt.

Williams 2, 103k, T&T, drives really well, just had a massive service, big set of cams in it, decat but the bodywork is a bit rough. No rust though. I reckon thats about £1500 to sell??

Opinions?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Has it 100% got no rust at all anywhere?

Thats always a huge plus point in buying a williams - you'll find people are willing to overlook certain issues with them for a solid shell - me included when I have the money available for another one!

ITB'd MK1
I've seen a 3 go for £4k in the last year. A 2 is easily more desirable. I'd keep it til the spring though i think, even the good 2's are'nt selling

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Has it 100% got no rust at all anywhere?

Thats always a huge plus point in buying a williams - you'll find people are willing to overlook certain issues with them for a solid shell - me included when I have the money available for another one!

To be fair, I haven't had it on a ramp yet as I was planning on breaking it. If I do retail it I will get it in the air and have good poke about.

Cheers mate.

I've seen a 3 go for £4k in the last year. A 2 is easily more desirable. I'd keep it til the spring though i think, even the good 2's are'nt selling

I had a minty mint 3 and got top whack for that (£4k iirc) This would need at least £1000 throwing at it to get it that nice.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'll be a nightmare when I go on the hunt again - from my experiences I'll be all over the places people forget to look!

225 Cup & Williams
Keep it and do it up the longer you keep it in a good running state and cosmetically good it's gonna go up in value thats the way i see it anyway.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How bad is it? I quite fancy a williams.. When you say the bodywork is rough is it dented/ scratched?

Front end is heavily stonechipped, bonnet has a minor dent, rear quarter panel stickers have peeled/flaked a bit and the tailgate has some rust.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
From what I've heard of other peoples experience of breaking them you're looking at getting about £1,000 - 1,500 from breaking it, but you'd obviously have to factor in the time & effort required to 1st strip it, then secondly to sell everything.

By the sound of it, it would be a great shame to waste it for parts, sounds like minor problems that just need a bit of cash & tlc to sort and I reckon there's plenty of folk out there who'd be willing to take that on for the love of the car. Just look at the willy 3 in the projects section, guy bought that for £300 iirc & it's absolutely spankin now :cool:

Having re-read your op I think it'd be best to sell it despite not being bothered about the time, space & effort stripping it, just finding a buyer would appear to be the difficult thing

Last edited:

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
im in the same sorta dilema, just bought a williams 2 with the idea of braking it to make some cash as i'll be outa work soon, problem is when i got it home and had a deeper look at it all the problems are cosmetic, tiny bit of rust in arches and general scratches to paintwork, steering wheel has been changed to a momo wheel but everything else in interior is present, im now considering putting a bit of cash into it and maybe selling on! shame to see it broke and it's good to keep them on the road so to speak! to save you all the hassle of breaking there will be a buyer out there who is prepared to put some cash at it to fix those minor issues!