ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams 1 0217

Clio Williams & 182
This is my long term project and, currently, my daily hack as well.

It currently is specced thus:

Powerplant:
Jenvey 45mm ITB's
2225 Cat cams & Verniers
13 Row Oil Cooler
Walbro uprated fuel pump
APD Megane 714 ported head
Supersprint manifold
Oreca Grp N straight through exhaust system

Suspension & Divetrain:
AVO coilovers
AST adjustable solid top mounts
Powerflex polybushes
Camber adjustment bolts
Gripper LSD
Shortshift gear system

Brakes:
K-Tec big brake conversion running braided hoses and Mintex 1155 pads

I have a High Comp. 12.5:1 bottom end from Hillpower going in as well next month, along with some more aggressive cams. Circa 210bhp expected after a remap.

IMAG0131.jpg

DSC_2679-1.jpg

brands1.jpg

IMAG0293.jpg

DSCF0283-2.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

092.jpg

DSCF04721.jpg

I hope you like my efforts and my little car :)

Clio Williams & 182
Read about this on 16valver. Has to be one if not the best willy around.

Cheers :)

It's not the best and the winter has taken a big toll on poor 0217's bodywork :(

Add to that a couple of drunk lads ripped the passenger wing mirror off and smashed it into the car too, it needs the dent removing and wing mirror bits repainting. The rear bumper has melted from the flames on overrun from the exhaust as well and I should really replace it.

ValverInBits
what do you make of the AVO coilovers compared to the FK konigsports?
have yours leaked?

Gorgeous car btw.

Clio Williams & 182
That looks like the best williams i have seen!

Very nice spec!

:D Thanks!

Looks a beast!, swapsies?

Hehe, no sorry, I can't put anyone else through the agony. It's my burden to carry ;)

what do you make of the AVO coilovers compared to the FK konigsports?
have yours leaked?

Gorgeous car btw.

Have they leaked? Lol, they went bck to AVO 4 times in the first year.

The AST's have helped them a lot. For some reason these ones felt wobbly with OE top mounts, now they are hardcore and giving about 3.2 degree negative camber each side, which is overkill for the public highway...for most people.

very nice spec sheet!!!! i love willys:eek:

Thanks. Will be better once the forged bottom end goes in and the 213 Catcams are timed up/mapped.

After that I wont chase power anymore, just pump cash into the bodywork and maybe another Mk1 as I have enough spares to build another very quick one.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
youre brave doing that to an original willaims, most people keep them minty mint and in showroom state!

i bet its great fun to own/drive though!

Clio Williams & 182
What's been done to it is not un-doable.

Even with diagnosing a poorly bottom end, its a mental road machine. The level of grip with reasonably sticky R1R tyres and the mechanical LSD sometimes just blows me away. It's quieter now than it was but the pops, bangs and crackles are amazingly funny. It does not flame anymore though, had that mapped out :)

Naughty Nautical
Car looks lovely! :)
Do you go through Swanwick & Bursledon in the Mornings around 8.20ish?

Clio Williams & 182
Car looks lovely! :)
Do you go through Swanwick & Bursledon in the Mornings around 8.20ish?

Yes :) Car looks a mess currently though, loads of winter grime and obviously I never drive fast through there, though you'll no doubt be able to hear the glorious ITB's still ;)

In a couple of weeks I'll be using a different Williams 1 to work and not this one. Not as tidy as this one but I don't need a chiropractor at the end of the day, so easier to live with.

Is that Xsport in basingstoke???

IMAG0192.jpg

Yes, it is XSport :) On that day I had the car corner weighted and the geometry set up for me. Since then I have messed it all up hehe.

Looks great mate, I'll keep a eye out for you.

I'm after a Oreca Group N soon. Opinions on it?

I know K-Tec are now supplying the Oreca exhaust system for 182's I think. Pay close heed to their warning about this not really being suitable for the road. I have now just taken my Oreca off as it was just too loud for every day use. For the odd casual drive it would be ok, but I s**t you not when I say peoples ears bled when I drove by sometimes.

Id love to own this car, really want a decent Williams instead of the 182 :)

Well, the 182 is a fine car still and finding a really good Williams can be hard. Mine is showing rust now, which will be sorted after I swap out this bottom end, but sadly not before FCS I dont think as I want to do some trackdays before and dont want to worry about bodywork.

Shower of shite :rolleyes: needs an F7P :rasp:

Hahaha Paddy. Wanna buy one of my spare F7R's I have lying about don't you? :p

Stunning mate! More pics!! Any pics of the modifying process?

I do have a lot of pics of a lot of stuff that's been done :) There is very little that I have not removed, replaced and bolted back in with this little car.

Naughty Nautical
Haha yeah I still hear the car sounds fantastic! :) I don't know if you ever see me go past the opposite way in a blue Clio with a black bonnet and dark grey alloys (?)

Clio Williams & 182
Haha yeah I still hear the car sounds fantastic! :) I don't know if you ever see me go past the opposite way in a blue Clio with a black bonnet and dark grey alloys (?)

Ahh yes, I have seen you many times :) I always wondered if you'd be on here along with a couple of other RS Clio's I see occasionally! I will try and remember to flash next time. That bloody early morning commute is total crap, especially in a car like mine.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Yes :)

I know K-Tec are now supplying the Oreca exhaust system for 182's I think. Pay close heed to their warning about this not really being suitable for the road. I have now just taken my Oreca off as it was just too loud for every day use. For the odd casual drive it would be ok, but I s**t you not when I say peoples ears bled when I drove by sometimes.

Cheers. The car is a weekend toy, so not really bothered it it's silly loud, as long as I can still track it with the grp N system fitted. Have you had any probs with track DB levels?

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice car mate. Think iv seen you at goodwood a couple of times with another Williams that's been striped out and plastic windows?

535d / t5 caravelle
Wow! i love that, nice mods mate, i bet that thing does some damage at a track day.

Clio Williams & 182
Cheers. The car is a weekend toy, so not really bothered it it's silly loud, as long as I can still track it with the grp N system fitted. Have you had any probs with track DB levels?

I measured the Oreca at 93 db (cant remember if it was dba or dbc) at about 5k revs, so it is under, but as I say I've had a fair few complaints about it when just normal driving.

Nice car mate. Think iv seen you at goodwood a couple of times with another Williams that's been striped out and plastic windows?

I've been to Goodwood with another mate in a Williams, on a Pistonheads morning run once :) This was taken there back in 2009, before most mods were done:

DSC01056.jpg

Wow! i love that, nice mods mate, i bet that thing does some damage at a track day.

Thanks! I am hoping to get at least one RS trackday in this year, and three or four others. Only managed Anglesey last year and the engine was starting to play up and my so-called new CV joint ripped itself to bits :( Complete new driveshaft sorted that though :)

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Hahaha Paddy. Wanna buy one of my spare F7R's I have lying about don't you? :p

Well now you mention it, I'd like to buy a knackered F7R block so I can put a valver crank in it, low compression the cheap way ;)

Clio Williams & 182
Just thought I would update you guys as I have now had the Hill Power engine fitted, with different cams, by danny at 519 Automotive. he tweaked some other stuff too. Will write a 519 review on other thread soon.

Mapped by Dave Walker:

File0013.jpg

DSCF0573.jpg

All I can say is: fuking hell.