ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio vs megane

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
The problem with the rods, is a lack of consistancy in their production, much like the pistons, so some will be ok at 300 and some wont.

yep your dead right i just hope my is ok with it.
i have and exhaust and decat, decats are about a 5 hour job to swap so not very friendly

GW Stage 2 R26
Quicker, far more power and torque more grown up, stable gripper... More fun?? I'm not so sure. In some ways I miss N/A thrashing a 182 or dc2 for all it's worth..

GW Stage 2 R26
I also think the Clio is far more reliable. Of all the 182/172/vee variants I had I never had any major issues. Think it's partially down to them being lighter and simpler.

BG 182cup
Having owned a meg 225 cup with a mix if r26/r26r/cup components for over 5yrs I can pretty surely say that it was a much better machine to drive than my current 182, that said the hardware in the Megane 2 is not really a fair comparisson with the Clio 2, because renault build the two cars with the technology 'staggered' as they bring out each new incarnation, The megane certainly didnt feel 'a quarter of a ton' lardier than the clio but at the same time it didnt feel as quick in an out of corners purly because they are a damn sight more solid so that masks the actual difference.. the Megs prior to 54reg seem to have more bother but reliability wise I never had an issue you can get alot of little gains that all add up in drive and feel more than anything I just swapped the DualMass Flywheel for a ktec ally one which was something daft like 14kgs lighter (wtf) std DMF was like 20kgs or summit..parts can be pricey but they are with RS's anyhow dont but the VXR, we drove one before we bought the Meg it was a crabby kurb-magnet on wheelspin/tourquesteer and in real terms I never got passed by an Astra Vxr Just Look after it well and it will look after you ;) loved mine would have another in a shot!

Renault Megane
I would say the meg's problem is that it runs higher to the ground standard then the clio's do, and the extra size and weight makes the feeling abit slower. but once you get on a windy road or track, you notice the more refined renaultsport treatment on handling. But if u feel that bad, save a bit more fora R26R mate :)

Focus
Having owned both a 182 and 225 I'd say the 225 feels considerably quicker IMO. Standard 182 was slower against my mates type r, standard 225 wiped the floor with it, to put things in perspective ;). Around snetterton the megane felt both quicker and more planted!

GW Stage 2 R26
I dont know in 5yrs mine NEVER burst a window regulator dude :'

Your very lucky. My r26 is an 08 with 32k on the clock and it had had both sides replaced. And the drivers side is playing up now even though the reg is 3 months old. It's not a renault sport problem either all Megane 2s suffer. It's that bad result pay 72% of the cost..

My passenger side window has been fucked for a while. Drivers side is fine though. Does anyone know the cost of getting it sorted once the 70ish% has been taken in to account?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
The R26 handles much better than a 172, it's much more stable and the lsd helps you corner at silly speeds. I haven't got any experience of a standard R26 but my Stage 2 remapped R26 is much faster than a Clio. And it's as quick round a track as a stripped out 172 Cup with 195bhp.

My passenger side window has been f**ked for a while. Drivers side is fine though. Does anyone know the cost of getting it sorted once the 70ish% has been taken in to account?

It'll be about 100 quid, cost me £200 for both sides to be done earlier this year.

Mini Cooper S sport
My driver's side regulator went a few months before the warranty ran out. I wonder why they are so crap on R26s. Loved that car, although it did feel all the money was in the engine and diff!

GW Stage 2 R26
My driver's side regulator went a few months before the warranty ran out. I wonder why they are so crap on R26s. Loved that car, although it did feel all the money was in the engine and diff!

It's the same on all Meganes not just the r26. Or sports even. All the window regs are the same. They are sat in the window pointing up and are cheap crap. So they get water in them and the contacts corrode.