ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio trophy Pre-Winter Pics

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Are they RXIIs off a Polo 6N2 GTI and the centres bored out? Or aftermarket RXIIs?

Either way they really suit the car.

PB 182 (1 of 29)
OK I think ive come to the conclusion that although the BBS's are cool im not 100% sold on them..... the wheel hunt begins :D

Im not sure whether to go motorsport styled or something with a bit of a dish like a BBS RM ?

There are some great looking motorsport rims out there, particularly liking Sparco Assetto alloys, could look awesome in 15" with lows!

PB 182 (1 of 29)
There are some great looking motorsport rims out there, particularly liking Sparco Assetto alloys, could look awesome in 15" with lows!

Like this :p

JamesTrophy1.jpg

PB 182 (1 of 29)
OK I think ive come to the conclusion that although the BBS's are cool im not 100% sold on them..... the wheel hunt begins :D

Im not sure whether to go motorsport styled or something with a bit of a dish like a BBS RM ?

BBS RM :cool:

JamesTrophy2.jpg

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
i like it, its not how a trophy should be but its something different, not 100% on the wheels but everything else is spot on

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Sorry to post this in your thread mate but heres my old trophy on coils and 2118's

014-17.jpg

013-18.jpg

Italian 3.2 V6
@OP - I really really like that. Different yet very smart! Please don't change the wheels.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
YUM!

Can I have your car please? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
  197 FF Glacier White
Wheels = YES, really nice job, a risk that's paid off, great looking car.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Nice job, mate. Looks the dog's danglies! Just out of interest, did you get your Sachs adjusted at all? I'm just curious because I went down that route when I had them rebuilt and - in conjunction with the struts, etc. - find that they can be adjusted now to be extremely adaptable to both A-, B-roads and on track.

Either way - awesome. :D

RS2'd Trophy
Nice job, mate. Looks the dog's danglies! Just out of interest, did you get your Sachs adjusted at all? I'm just curious because I went down that route when I had them rebuilt and - in conjunction with the struts, etc. - find that they can be adjusted now to be extremely adaptable to both A-, B-roads and on track.

Either way - awesome. :D

The thing I found was that they were still quite soft even on full +. The other thing I hated was the ride height so my instant choice was a mid end coilovers setup. I drove a friends cup and h+r's with the up rated springs etc and that was that I was sold!

Wheels will be for sale this week as I have just collected my new ones :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The thing I found was that they were still quite soft even on full +. The other thing I hated was the ride height so my instant choice was a mid end coilovers setup. I drove a friends cup and h+r's with the up rated springs etc and that was that I was sold!

Fair points, mate. At the end of the day you go with what suits you and your driving. And you can't argue with what you've done :D Enjoy!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just noticed this.

Love the whole car, bit weird doing it to a Trophy though, unless you really like red!

I'm a "trendlines & turinis/2118s if you have to, but otherwise keep it as Renaultsport intended" person. But...

Love the wheels. Love the seats.

Definitely one of my favourite Clios on CS!

RS2'd Trophy
Cheers, James... do you want it?!?!? LOL! I will love it even more when it's fixed. :D

haha, Head up mate its worth it when there working! are you attending any trophy meets next year? I really fancy being anti OEM lol.

I'm a "trendlines & turinis/2118s if you have to, but otherwise keep it as Renaultsport intended" person. But...

Love the wheels. Love the seats.

Definitely one of my favourite Clios on CS!

Thanks mate,

My new wheels have just arrived! they are seriously cool!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Noticed you've kept the standard seat mounts. Luke that, do you actualy sit any lower? I want to fix the seating position as it does my head in. I have an rs wheel as well, but with those seats and no air bag I'm thinking of harnesses. Let me know what you think of your seating position now if you wouldn't mind.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
haha, Head up mate its worth it when there working! are you attending any trophy meets next year? I really fancy being anti OEM lol.
Anti-OEM! :D And why not?! I'm hoping to get along to a Trophy meet or two, mate. I haven't got out on as many meets as I would have liked what with an exceptionally busy work calendar and the problems I've been having. All being well next year will be a different story. I wouldn't mind seeing your Trophy to be honest.

RS2'd Trophy
Anti-OEM! :D And why not?! I'm hoping to get along to a Trophy meet or two, mate. I haven't got out on as many meets as I would have liked what with an exceptionally busy work calendar and the problems I've been having. All being well next year will be a different story. I wouldn't mind seeing your Trophy to be honest.

Yeah let's do that then next year! Hopefully have a better specced engine aswell! I'll upload some pics this weekend!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah let's do that then next year! Hopefully have a better specced engine aswell! I'll upload some pics this weekend!
Sounds like a plan, mate. Hopefully I'll be able to get along to a few ClioSport meets, too (both locally and nationally). If ever you are in South Wales and fancy a drive then give me a shout. :D

RS2'd Trophy
Sounds like a plan, mate. Hopefully I'll be able to get along to a few ClioSport meets, too (both locally and nationally). If ever you are in South Wales and fancy a drive then give me a shout. :D

Will do! Same goes for if your up north in Nottingham! Ill drop you a PM with my number in a bit.

James

RS2'd Trophy
Sounds like a plan, mate. I'm in Nottingham quite often... I'm Nottinghamshire born, went to Uni in Nottingham and my sister and parents still live there. :D Sorted!

Done! Fancy a meet first thing in the new year? ill try and get a few members from around here could make a day of it!

I have just fitted my new wheels some Comp MO6's in 16x7 cosmos black :D they look cool! a very different look to the BBS wheels alot more track focused. I have also test fitted the cage as the fabricator has been taking measurements for the bolt in mountings (to make it bolt into the existing seatbel locations.

Then the engine!!

james

Suzuki Swift Sport
Done! Fancy a meet first thing in the new year? ill try and get a few members from around here could make a day of it!

I have just fitted my new wheels some Comp MO6's in 16x7 cosmos black :D they look cool! a very different look to the BBS wheels alot more track focused. I have also test fitted the cage as the fabricator has been taking measurements for the bolt in mountings (to make it bolt into the existing seatbel locations.

Then the engine!!

james

Pics when you get them on!

This car is really nice, when I saw it in the flesh it is absolutely mint.

Very nice!

RS2'd Trophy
Thanks nick!

there on now but i need to adjust my coilovers as the height looks very odd so it will be tommorrow before I can take any pictures!

Pics when you get them on!

This car is really nice, when I saw it in the flesh it is absolutely mint.

Very nice!