ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Tow Straps, Yes or No?

Evo
Tow eyes seem to be the thing to do atm and seeing as they arent currently avaliable for the 197 i went to R.Sport and got a tow strap from the race cars.

Thing is i cant make my mind up if i like it or not. Split opinions everywhere i go too. Shall i keep it or lose it:

Now you have to imagine the length half the size it is now as i fold it over itself like a loop...

DSC01341.gif

DSC01359.gif

DSC01340.gif

Opinions needed!

E90
Two words

Tempting + fate

If your car has a full cage and 4 degrees of neg camber it looks epic, if not, you look silly imo. Track and race cars only.

LY 200
To put it bluntly i think it looks s**t Ben and to make things worse you have ruined your front bumper for life! ;)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
On a track/race car where it is needed yes. on a road car i looks daft. (same tow eyes)

LY 200
Nothing taking it out and putting the blanking cap back in wont sort... :nono:

Is that what it is!?

I fail then as i have never paid that much notice to the fact the front bumpers on our even has a blanking cap! lol

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Not for me buddy, fit the OMP Toy eye instead ;)

Edit: But grind the paint off so its bare metal, cover it in laqure if you have to so it dont rust ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's the colour, looks maky aswell like an old tow rope.

RenaultSport clio Trophy
I dont get it, same with the towing eye.
Isn't it just like admitting your reno is s**t - breaks down alot / gets towed regularly

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It was posted in a 200 thread mate. That was the only one I think.

E90
nope its for the hardcore track look, except without the cage, semi slicks and neg camber it just looks silly.

I put a tow eye on my track car, and info as to where it was located, and et voila

DSC00272.jpg

hence the don't tempt fate lol

Si

RS Clio 172
Have one of mine, Ben. We both know you want to. lol. new prototype should be sorted next week :)

SG9 Forester STi
Have one of mine, Ben. We both know you want to. lol. new prototype should be sorted next week :)

How long you gonna make me wait lol? I reckon it needs to be about 240mm long for your info mate ;)

Edit: From ben_r1

Clio 1970000000
Looks shite IMO. What's with the air scoop (think that's what it is) on all the 197s? Don't like those either :dead: