ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Super Cup

RS RIP
reading the blog, i noticed the adjustable pulleys that go with the cams.

Are these also neccescary when running cams that should run fine on OEM (remapped) ecu ? I've just changed my cams but am now ondering if these pulleys would have been best to do alongwith the rest ? Or is this for really wild cams not suited for OEm ecu / or maybe just track use ?

reading the blog, i noticed the adjustable pulleys that go with the cams.

Are these also neccescary when running cams that should run fine on OEM (remapped) ecu ? I've just changed my cams but am now ondering if these pulleys would have been best to do alongwith the rest ? Or is this for really wild cams not suited for OEm ecu / or maybe just track use ?

They are just part of the stock picture. I'm going to use the standard cam pulleys as I wish to retain the VVT functionality.

You would generaly use adjustable pullies in none VVT engines when it was neccesary to have some adjustability in the cam timing, either to ensure it is absolutely as per spec or to allow you to advance/r****d the timing of a specific cam/s.

Cheers
M

is good to hear from you mate. I didnt realsie u had left at the cs meet in hinckley. was a good night. would love to see the project when finished. how you coming along with the 197 racer?

Got one for sale and the customer car and Super Endurance car are being prepped for 2009 entry at the moment.

Looking good for a decent 2009 season to be honest :)

Cheers
M

clio 200 F4Rt
58.5 would be very impressive in my eyes.

i only managed a 58.37 during Time Attack, and that was in my fully stripped, caged, 235bhp 172.

(not that a cage helps.... doesnt add any body rigidity... pffft)

58.5 would be very impressive in my eyes.

i only managed a 58.37 during Time Attack, and that was in my fully stripped, caged, 235bhp 172.

(not that a cage helps.... doesnt add any body rigidity... pffft)

Interesting, did you have any data logging on the car and how much time do you have on Brands?

I may put a proper driver in the car if I can't find a 58.5 out of it but it should certainly be capable of it.

Cheers
M

M

mini-valver

Quality read! Cant wait to see the finshed car, not only for inspiration but because it'll be interesting to see what a properly set-up car can do against previous Clio times!

clio 200 F4Rt
Interesting, did you have any data logging on the car and how much time do you have on Brands?

I may put a proper driver in the car if I can't find a 58.5 out of it but it should certainly be capable of it.

Cheers
M

no data logging as such, do have 3 sector times tho.

Could of gone a fair bit quicker if i had a dif i reckon, but then i am no professional/racing driver.

Either way, will be interesting to see your results.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh so it was you that everyone was on about at the meet with the mountain of wiring knowledge :p

Project looks good!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
That was a great read.

What you've bought sounds just like mine, and what you want to achieve with it is exactly what I set out for, 200 bhp/ton and cheap reliability.

I ended up with 205 from taking it down to the metal everywhere except the dashboard, standard passenger seat, and a Cobra Imola S for me. 917kgs.

Same exhaust and a homemade Maxogen effort have given me 186 bhp, 106k from new, beasted every single day, still pulling like a train, and returns almost 45 mpg.

You'll have a blast.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
yeah it had a rear harness bar welded in, but that was about 12months if not more before we put the cup racer rear coilovers on it

they were standard cup racer rear shocks ie HARD! his car was COMPLETELY stripped though! we did something like 10-15K miles on them, the only problem we had was when i snapped the wee little rose joint on the bottom of the passenger side rear (sideways over the curb at bedford with some bloke from r-sport france in the car LOL!!)

apart from that and a sore back it was fine!

Ys017.jpg

Ys018.jpg

love how the original speedo and rev counter is retained

:lolup:

Ooh...I'm intrigued by what you've done to the gear-linkage? You've not just bolted on a standard 'quick-shift' kit then?

Cheap chinese made quick shift front end linkage hacked about and rebushed with nylon bushes, new pin on the bottom of the linkage polished and packed with bearing grease, gearbox end striped, cleaned and greased. Feels much better.

Standard cage is knackered though so after another at the moment. Looks like the incredible hulk had been trying to find reverse at some point in the past!

Cheers
M

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL at incredible hulk.

I had new linkage bushes all round at 70k so mine's not too bad at the moment. I'm thinking of a quickshift to reduce the throw forward for 3rd which because of my long legs is a bit of a stretch.

Will watch your progress with interest..and probably pinch some of your ideas ;)

LOL at incredible hulk.

I had new linkage bushes all round at 70k so mine's not too bad at the moment. I'm thinking of a quickshift to reduce the throw forward for 3rd which because of my long legs is a bit of a stretch.

Will watch your progress with interest..and probably pinch some of your ideas ;)

At the moment the gear linkage feels as good as my TVR used to be but not quite up there with a mates S2000. So in short its pretty good!

The extra weight at the top of the linkage helps with a more positive feel.

You're welcome to have a go in it when its done and see what you think.

Cheers
M

whack the BPM's airbox in there easyyy, you know u want too!

Old one or new one? Old airbox is too tall mate and the new one is too long - the new one requires the brake master cyl converting to a remote mount res in order to package it!

Plan is an AB65 straight onto the throttle body with an air feed from the nose of the car :)

Cheers
M

that will suffice then.

i love how your planning not too do much yet i know u too well and i smell ITB's.... crack on ;)

No need for ITB's, I can get well over 100bhp/litre on a single throttle body/plenum inlet manifold setup and still maintain the DBW throttle body and full OBD2 diagnostics!

(note 'a' single throttle body/plenum setup not 'the standard' throttle body/plenum setup)

Cheers
M

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
At the moment the gear linkage feels as good as my TVR used to be but not quite up there with a mates S2000. So in short its pretty good!

The extra weight at the top of the linkage helps with a more positive feel.

You're welcome to have a go in it when its done and see what you think.

Cheers
M

Nice one.

RS RIP
I hope you can help me with something. You seem to have a lot of racing experience with the Clio RS ; i can get some magnesium Speedline 2020 wheels off of a race team (Spirit Racing, Holland) , only i just found out that the offset of these wheels is around 30-32.. (15 inch 7J ) This would bring the wheel out another 6-8mm on my 172 cup in comparison to the Turinis.

Also i have lowered the car, not very low though , on H&R's.

What's your opinion on these wheels ?

I've read your blog ; great project going on there

Black Gold Trophy
how did you set up the oil catch tank in the end? been thinkin of fitting one of these to the 182 for ages

Wheels are fine, they should bolt up and clear no problem at all.

Oil catch tank is a simple one - breather from standard breather point to catch tank then catch tank (via wire mesh seperator) to atmo via a breather filter.

Cheers
M