ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport Insurance @ 19

2003 clio 172
Im 19 with 1 years ncb and i pay 1645 a year on a 172 with mods declared. its not to bad to get one at 19 its jsut being able to afford to fix it when stuff goes wrong !

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It did look stunning at the RR day to be fair!

Canny believe your twenty though lol, thought you were the same age as me..! (24)

Astra VXR
Thanks mate same way urs was a gd day at the rr only if it wasnt as cold but a dont look that old do a ko lol my other car was gettin took off me so thought while av got the chance a may as well get something good my insurance will probly go down next year Cause my points n that will be off.

Evo 6, E92 320d
I found Elephant to be the cheapest for me each year, seems the time the license has been held make a huge difference.
When I got my 172 i had just tured 20 iirc, was £1400, then it halfed the next year. At 19 you will be paying as much as the cars worth on a 172 now.

i was 1800 on a 197 at 19, 3 points, 2 years ncb, mum and gf (shes 21) brought it down loadsssss

LOL @ how it ended.

To the OP and anyone else looking, also make sure you ring them, online is no go at a young age on a car like this.
I got my quote online, then called up and when he went through it I asked any chance of a discount cause I'm proper skint. He put me on hold then came back and said oh hai we can offer a discount of £200.

Clio 200 cup
Im 18 with a ff 182 insurace its 2200 with 1years no claims with elephant, things to concider are running costs, cambelts, and road tax! these are the things i found that shocked me the most when upgrading from my 1.2. :)

im WR5, good to know im in the best :D
im on £920 with my 182 and i waited until i was 21 [3yr ncb] (why pay through the odds now, save the money you'll spend on insurance for a better car/spec :) )

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
You either live in iraq or you got ripped off. Obviously it doesn't matter though if your dad paid for it.

To the OP and anyone else looking, also make sure you ring them, online is no go at a young age on a car like this.

Your parents are indirectly paying for yours too, on the basis that your still living with them and paying far less bills/rent/mortgage than if you were on your own place....!

I'm 19, 2 years NCB, no accidents, top postcode.
Cheapest I can find is £1400.
I'm not paying £1400 for insurance again. No way. I got robbed enough during my first years driving, thanks!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Your parents are indirectly paying for yours too, on the basis that your still living with them and paying far less bills/rent/mortgage than if you were on your own place....!

Haha, fair enough lol

How many 20 yo's dont live with parents though? At least i'm not funding it from your pocket like many of the students on here ;)

Last edited:
  Never above 25mpg
First year on the Sport at 19 was £1100 TPFT 2 years NCB, nil points.

Second year (this year) was £947 TPFT, 3 years NCB, nil points.

Although insurance went down when I transferred it to the BMW.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
First year on the Sport at 19 was £1100 TPFT 2 years NCB, nil points.

Second year (this year) was £947 TPFT, 3 years NCB, nil points.

Although insurance went down when I transferred it to the BMW.

Await the TP police ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
For me at 19 it would have been £1200 iirc, 20 it was £1000 Fully comp (thats with a claim and 3 points)

Im not paying anywhere near that figure though.

I've heard alot of people giving similar quotes when some have no points and some have had 3.. Seems it makes no difference which is strange? Certainly no incentive for kids to not speed!

Another young insurance thread... but i like because im in the same boat...

Going to try many company's soon at 20 and 3 years NCB... group C postcode... i shall see what i end up with.

BG182®
I live in 'F' rated area and still pay under a grand at 22.

Some of these quotes your getting are appalling.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Just looked mine up mines B rated, rather suprised at that tbh, no car crime around here tbh..

Im suprised at some quotes people are getting tbh, i thought mine was alot, with 3 points and a claim but theres people getting mad prices with no points/claims etc.. Id never have gotten a sport till the insurance was under £700 but i got on the business insurance so im only paying £150 a year.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
im 19 paying just over 2k with 3 points and 2 years NCB, the points made around £800 difference for me! :eek:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
aye, was £1000 difference on a 182, no idea how they get this as loads of companys were around the same, and no one else i knows points make that much of a difference! code was MS30 - play street offence! live and learn and all that ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
aye, was £1000 difference on a 182, no idea how they get this as loads of companys were around the same, and no one else i knows points make that much of a difference! code was MS30 - play street offence! live and learn and all that ;)

Heres me thinking you ran over a child or something lol, hows the car coming along?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
LOL nah not that bad ;) and not much is happening atm, have a big pile of bits at the end of my bed waiting to be fitted! think im seling my old car too on sat so should have some more money to throw at it :D what about ures? :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
s**te, Starter motor is on its way out, needs a wheel bearing, im bored of it, i have no money to throw at it for mods etc atm :(

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
ahh not good! mines seems to be ok the now, needs front tyres and brakes soonish i think! and some track rod ends / bottom ball joints. nothing too bad but getting done in the next few weeks hopefully! :D p.s. sell the gf ule have loads of money ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
ahh not good! mines seems to be ok the now, needs front tyres and brakes soonish i think! and some track rod ends / bottom ball joints. nothing too bad but getting done in the next few weeks hopefully! :D p.s. sell the gf ule have loads of money ;)

For a decent set of coilovers, recliner buckets etc i might be tempted ;)

AUDI A5 s-sline
Im paying £1800 now for a 1.2! I can't believe that!

EDIT: and thats with Admiral

mines the same mate although im 18 and like yourself aswell i have one non fault accident, from when i was knocked of my motorbike by a piss head. Bullsh*t that it puts your premium up! even though you cant transfer NCB from a bike to a car, but they can with accidents. im with elephant as admiral was guna put it up another £500 because of it! :(

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
I'm 22 5 years no claims and 0 points on my licence. All mods stated and protected no claims for 1600 a year. Adrain flux. I was paying until recently 170 a month with Tesco lol!

Giulietta 940
Lol yeah. You're the only person I've spotted in the area on here. There was that RB 182 just past Greenwich Uni (seems to have disappeared now :(), and some other guy in an arctic 182 in Lewisham.

Back on topic, Jewson what mods do you have? £1.6k seems a lot.

Monaco 172
More the concern for me now is why Im paying more than some people the same age that are driving around in a sport?

I wanted a Ph1 when I was 19. But I couldn't quite justify the insurance. So I bought a 106 GTi which was cheaper to buy/insure and the speed isn't vastly different. It still cost me a lot, but not near the prices quoted in here.

Some of you guys pay mental prices. Just get something else. There's plenty of time for faster cars.

well iv up graded from a 1.2 punto to a 172cup and my insurance went up an extra 1000 from october till march when my policy runs out with admiral.. im 21 nncb and 1 fault accident. il be happy with anything around the 2k mark... also hoping 4 a astra vxr in the next yr or so so thatl be fun trying 2 get insurance 4 that

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I'm 19 2years no claims 1 Accident not my fault, I live in Droitwich and I lv got a 182 in rb for £1976 ;)