ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport Insurance @ 19

Monaco 172
Im looking at getting a Clio Sport but I'm only 19 and I will be paying a lot for insurance regardless but is there anywhere that is especially good for young people that are not on comparison sites where I wont get bent over so far or is it the same wherever I go?

Any young people out there with a Sport? If so what are you paying?

Same wherever you go at a guess... You'll definitely need alot of lube!

At 20 (few months before I was 21), I bought a 172. Insurance was £1170 with Admiral.

Elephant/Admiral/Bell. Highly likely one of those three will be cheapest.

£1700 for a 200 insured for £16k at 19 years old with 3 points, with Elephant.

Your getting owned tbh.

I'm just under £900 with admiral, 20, 1ncb and a few non fault accidents.

And thats on a 200

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
£1800 on a 1.2 and you're thinking about an RS? Mental. Park the idea for a year imo.

Last edited:
  Monaco 172
Checked my postcode and its the highest rated :( A something. Live in worcester out in the country. Cant understand why I am paying so much now.

Monaco 172
WR Worcester
1, 3, 12, 15 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . B
2, 4-11, 13-14 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A

225 Cup & Williams
I'm with elephant, 19yo 1 years driving experience, 1 years ncb £1900 fully comp and thats for a ph1 172. I was paying less to insure my williams dont quite understand that.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Glasgow seems to be reasonable for insurance given that some parts are stuck in the 1980's and look like they have been carpet bombed.

Im £920 on my 182 and £850 on a 200

white 172
im 20 3 points (sp30) 2002 172 with wheels and suspension declared im payin £2634 with admiral

ITS A BIT STEEP lol

How much are you getting quoted?

I'm 19 and on a 172 was getting £2100 with admiral (1yrs ncb/no points/me main driver and parents named drivers)

Bux

Golf GTD
Im looking at getting an RS too at 19.
Currently £900 on a 1.2 (mods declared).

Insurance is looking at around £1600 for a 197 with Elephant for me

I got 2 years no claims too

2004 182FF
Where do you check your post code?

Little tip... if you add your mum/dad/wife/girlfriend as a NAMED driver your insurance premium can drop.

Last edited:
  2004 182FF
Ha I only put it in caps cause I knew if I didn't someone would misread it and start telling me how it was illegal.

200 Gordini
I bought my 182 when I just turned 19, Admiral were the only people to give me a sensible (In our terms) quote. Everyone else were over 5 big ones.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I got mine at 19, easy to do, a few on here have.

Try brentacre/flux/admiral group. Also worth trying sky, if your postcode is picked out of their hat as being a good one then they'll give you a good quote ;)

Merc A class
Trying to get a quote at the moment, I will let you know if i find any where mate

My postcode doesn't help :(

Merc A class
Trying to get a quote at the moment, I will let you know if i find any where mate

My postcode doesn't help :(

Astra VXR
Am 20 and paying 3300 thats way 3 points 0 ncb and a claim against me n thats way admiral lol far to dear for insurance but my dad payed it for is so cant complain lol

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Am 20 and paying 3300 thats way 3 points 0 ncb and a claim against me n thats way admiral lol far to dear for insurance but my dad payed it for is so cant complain lol

You either live in iraq or you got ripped off. Obviously it doesn't matter though if your dad paid for it.

To the OP and anyone else looking, also make sure you ring them, online is no go at a young age on a car like this.

Astra VXR
A dont no mate its shocking how dear it is a think my claim has put it up cause without it its not that dear.they sayed it would be 2800 then when i got the car they sayed 3300 and i tryed other insurance companys and they were like 10000 and that