ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 182 details

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 07 November 2003

is that photoshopped? i quite like that exhaust
No, they really will have that exhaust mate...

Manufacturers do alter their pics with photoshop to get the right highlights etc.

I dont really like that blue much.

Isnt that blue from the paint shop at Longbridge? Im sure they used to do the Allegro, Maxi, Marina and Princess in that shade when I was little. Niiiice.

Exhaust looks good though.

'18 Megane dci

I dont like blue as a solid colour, imo only red, black and white suit solid colours. Pipes are definately too close together for the standard clio shape.

:(

320d M Sport

yup, it does look better, perhaps they didnt want the max power look? Boxer stylee would have been good...

Looks loads better with the exhausts wider apart. Would of looked OK with the twin exhaust together, like on the Mini Cooper S too!

Any chance anyone could photoshop up a black one to see if it goes better with the new wheels and zorsts?

Clio v6

HA HA HA HA! Its not REAL. Its all a big wind up. In contrast with their late deliveries, Renault have got their skates on and played an early April fool on us all.

PS.

They might just be crap at photoshop?

320d M Sport

thats what i meant!

i thought Jeremy would have loadsa arty pics to show us and was a bit gutted when i rushed in work and found those!

I really dont like the tailpipes in that position, as a few have already said it would look MUCH better with the 206 180, cooper S style.

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 06 November 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Matt_E on 06 November 2003

Just in case anyone wants to know, the ABI have allocated an insurance grouping to the 182 - itll be the same as the Cup/172.
The Cup is more to insure than the 172 though, I got quotes for both!

Same when I had my 306 Rallye, that was more than a GTi-6
Cup is cheaper to insure for me

any longer exhausts and itd look like a wheel barrow. does this one set on fire aswell??

roll on 197bhp clio MKIII

Wouldve looked better with the pipes in the V6 position coming out of the middle of the bumper!

Maybe a splitter / valence underneath the exhaust is whats needed, so they look like an integral part of the bumper.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

I work at a main dealer and we havent got any pictures of the new 182 yet.The main difference will be the twin exhausts and the increase in bhp(although a 172 could be easily brought up to this bhp with a few minor modifications).I would have thought that most parts off the 182 would fit the 172(it will still be basically the same engine/chassis).I hope they sort out all the annoying interior rattles though.As soon as any info comes through ill leave a post.

Would I be able to fit the wheels from a Cup version onto the 182 as the 182s are bigger, or is the difference too much? I would prefer the Cup wheels but I dont want to lose performance from having to choose a smaller tyre because of it.

Clio v6

Awww dont be mean to him he is just the kind of guy who gets bored with all this straight talk about new cars on the block.

Lets start a new thread and chat all about willys. We like to keep everyone happy here and if we need to talk all about willys then I think its our duty to give willy pleasure.

Quote: Originally posted by bigvin on 10 November 2003

Would I be able to fit the wheels from a Cup version onto the 182 as the 182s are bigger, or is the difference too much? I would prefer the Cup wheels but I dont want to lose performance from having to choose a smaller tyre because of it.
lose performance which way top or bottom, you can by bigger cup alloys anyhow, and if you can only get them from the manu not Ren you can buy the Ren logo centre caps

the driver told me that the new shape comes out in feburary so whats the point in this? The new shape is supposed to have the same arse end as the senic and megane

Spoke to the Renault dealer today, and he said the wheels were the same size on the 182 as the 172, so I think I will have to wait and see what the brochure says when it comes out.