ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 182 details

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 10 November 2003

Jay - if youre at a UK Dealer you do have the pictures and details
Sales say they havent got any pictures of it yet.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by bigvin on 10 November 2003

Would I be able to fit the wheels from a Cup version onto the 182 as the 182s are bigger, or is the difference too much? I would prefer the Cup wheels but I dont want to lose performance from having to choose a smaller tyre because of it.
The 182 wheels are just a bit wider so it wouldnt make any difference to performance although they are poss a different offset which may affect handling slightly.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by cliopower on 10 November 2003

the driver told me that the new shape comes out in feburary so whats the point in this? The new shape is supposed to have the same arse end as the senic and megane
The new shape clio is due for release sometime in 2005 but as off yet renault havent released any official pictures yet(although some unofficial pictures have been in some magazines)

The wheels are the same width and diamter as the wheels fitted to the 172 and the 172 Cup. The difference is the offset - 38 for the 172 Cup, 48 for the 182 and 45 for the 182 with the Cup suspension option.

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 10 November 2003

the driver told me that the new shape comes out in feburary so whats the point in this? The new shape is supposed to have the same arse end as the senic and megane
The new shape clio is due for release sometime in 2005 but as off yet renault havent released any official pictures yet(although some unofficial pictures have been in some magazines)

he must have ment the 182

VW Potato

jeremy - sorry if this is a daft question, but what is reno trying to achieve with the 182 apart from being faster. ie. is the engine more flexible, or torquier, tractable etc, is the handling going to be more precise and so on, or is it simply a nip, a tuck and about 10bhp more?

ourtright oomph excluded, what were the objectives behind the revisions from a technical/driving point of view (not ...to give the Clio fresh appeal etc)

g

VW Potato

youre probably right Tom, but I hope Jeremy has some other sound reasons. I meant the questions genuinely, not to have a pop at reno.

g

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Surely any increase in specification/performance of any car for the same price can only be a good thing?

VW Potato

i like to hope so - i just hope it hasnt changed the character of the engine too much; its very good as it is and to lose any of its qualities for the sake of 10bhp would be a shame.

g

Clio v6

Good thinking Jeremy, and a note to Jas to increase the field for Jeremys profile.

Cup and a 172 in blue and a 182 but got to be Black:)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by cliopower on 11 November 2003

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 10 November 2003

he must have ment the 182
clio 3 comes out in 2005,182 sometime next year i think

RB 197 Cup

i know this isnt bout the 182 but its about the new clios coming out next year. the new dynamique model. are they still gonna be in the same colour because i heard that they were now coming with a painted rear spoiler?

dam it! the new dynamique has brushed alu door handles, sports spoiler, new bumpers, new trim and a new sliding electric sunroof (must cure the rattle) I hope it looks worse than the current one or im not going to be happy. Theres the renault sport logo on the side sills of the 182 and it now has even wider wings ffs!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

On the sil plates there is a renault sport logo isnt there?

Most 172s ive seen has them

The 2004 Dynamique does have aluminium interior door handles and fascia inserts, new seat trim and light grey seat belts. Outside it has a new front bumper, a coloured rear spoiler (like the 172), 15" versions of the alloy wheels fitted to the 172. The electric sunroof continues to be optional. The wings havent changed on either the Dynamique or 182.

RB 197 Cup

Do u know if they are still gonna use the same colours or are they starting again with new colours cause i want that painted rear spoiler. anyone got any pics of the new front bumper for the dynamique?

Quote: Originally posted by Seymours clio on 14 November 2003

cheers tom for the pics. whats the difference between the new bumper and old?
the air dam at the bottom - about it really. I wonder what the back is like. the alloys are the same as mine - i dont think that has changed

dk

911 GTS Cab

Have a 172 on order which arrives this week and have just cancelled it to order a 182. Have got the new price list from the Renault dealer and its confirmed at £14600 but metallic paint is now an option £300! There is no CD Changer, that is still an option and there are 2 Clio Cup option packs. One is front and rear spoiler £150 and the other is the sports suspension and anthracite wheels £200. The car can be ordered next week and will be released for delivery at the beginning of January. Am ordering one with the spoiler and suspension pack and probably metallic paint depending of which colour looks best. The Racing Blue is the only solid colour but I havent seen that nor the Black Gold yet, only the Artic Blue and Titanium. Also saw the new advert at the cinema last night and it looks the nuts so cant wait to be one of the first to own it! Only bummer is that the dealer has only offered me £600 off, but thats not bad for a car that hasnt even been released I guess. One other thing though and thats that the 172 Cup is continuing and features in the new price list?