ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK3 headlight clip - Please help

1.2 dynamique
Hi guys,

I own a 57 plate 1.4 clio.. and whilst trying to take out my blown headlight bulb (on passenger side) in the rain the U-shaped clip that retains the dipped/driving bulb has pinged off, and I cannot for the life of me find it..

I have been to a Renault dealer, and the clip isn't a seperate part and don't really want to buy a whole new headlight unit..

I have called local breakers who don't seem to have any newer model clio's for breaking..

Any suggestions? Anyone know of anyone with a broken passenger side headlight?

I'm desperate to get this sorted ASAP, as i need to get a new bulb in and secure so I can drive my car in the dark..

Many thanks,
Alex
:)

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Mega expensive off ebay, like £90
There was one on here which was broken for £20 been trying to look for it but cannot find it now.

1.2 dynamique
Thanks for your help guys.. Problem now Sorted :D

I dismantled my lower bumper and wheel arch liner and manage to find and retreive the missing clip.. managed to somehow, after about 30mins of fiddling to get the clip back in the headlight.. and then swapped both my bulbs over..

Schweet!
Thanks,
Alex

1.2 dynamique
How easy is it to take off the bumper?

Hi Kyly, I didn't take off the complete bumper.. just removed the retaining screws holding the bottom of the bumper to the car, and then the front part of the arch liner..

So not sure how hard it is to remove the complete bumper..

Thanks,
Alex

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Well I need to change my headlights, and been told I have to take the bumper off so dont know whether to do it myself or get it done for me :(

1.2 dynamique
Maybe try halfords first.. they are cheap.. but not all of them will change bulbs on a mk3 clio..

Garages charge an arm and a leg.. Most charging nearly an hours labour!

They are fiddly, and you can't really see what you are doing.. but they aren't actually that hard to do.. as long as the clip doesn't come off :rasp:

Thanks,
Alex