ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 ph2 electrical problems

Having a few issues with my mk2 clio, horn decided a few days ago it didn't want to work.. Had a new one on it's last mot, the windscreen washer jets don't work as I've just found out, although the back one does though, cig lighter doesn't work either.. Went to use sat nav last night & nothing. Other than these problems when I put the car into reverse or indicate right the rear fog light on the dash flashes dimly although the rear fog stays off. So far the fuse for the horn has been checked & is ok. Don't have a clue about the rest of the electrical faults, any help is greatly appreciated.

R

RyanWXM

1. The fog light on the dash issue maybe be caused by moisture in your rear light clusters (spray with WD40) OR there is a bad earth somewhere on the rear lights
2. Have u checked the fuse for the cig lighter??
3. I know u have said u had a new horn but just to check, connect to cables to the battery (earth & live) and then connect them to the horn itself to see if it sounds
4. Windscreen jets ??? Will they not operate at all or can u hear the pumps but no screen wash is coming out???

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RyanWXM

I had the same issue with my fog light on dash and it was a bad earth

1. The fog light on the dash issue maybe be caused by moisture in your rear light clusters (spray with WD40) OR there is a bad earth somewhere on the rear lights
2. Have u checked the fuse for the cig lighter??
3. I know u have said u had a new horn but just to check, connect to cables to the battery (earth & live) and then connect them to the horn itself to see if it sounds
4. Windscreen jets ??? Will they not operate at all or can u hear the pumps but no screen wash is coming out???
Thanked for the reply, going to have a look tomorrow at the car & check the fuses as well as the connections for the horn & fog light. Where would I check for the fog light? They do work & it doesn't come on it just dimly flashed when indicating right or when put into reverse. Windscreen jets are sorted now, one less problem to worry about :)

Had a look & the cig lighter fuse is the same as the radio one, this works. The cig lighter heats up but when I put sat nav or another socket in it doesn't work. Any idea what the problem is? Cheers

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Had a look & the cig lighter fuse is the same as the radio one, this works. The cig lighter heats up but when I put sat nav or another socket in it doesn't work. Any idea what the problem is? Cheers
There's two little tangs on the inside wall of the socket, bend these into the centre slightly then try it

In that case I'd have a cigarette lighter unit out of another car to fit

It seems to work but need to mess about with the socket to get a connection, one slight nudge & it's back to messing about again. Was going to look at getting one of renault to get a price on what it would be. Does it come as the whole unit or just the cig lighter? The lighter doesn't seem to want to shift out the plastic surround which is why I asked.