ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

RB 182
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

Looks naughty from behind, slick from the side, but sickening from the front.

the same can be said about a lot of women.

Red 1.2 Dynamique

don't like the front diamond. also don't like the fact that it's 5 door only :(

Looks naughty from behind, slick from the side, but sickening from the front.

the same can be said about a lot of women.
Partially correct ;) I love it from all angles. Some darkened xenons on it and it will look sweet from the front. (Like your analogy though)

dk

911 GTS Cab

The more I see it, the more I think I could love a paddle shift after all.
say what, thats a turnaround, has your membership running out caused a panic?

I'll be honest, i thought i would love mine, but I've not used them since the day i picked it up, i just never feel the need to get involved and take it out of auto sports mode.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

say what, thats a turnaround, has your membership running out caused a panic?

I'll be honest, i thought i would love mine, but I've not used them since the day i picked it up, i just never feel the need to get involved and take it out of auto sports mode.

My borther uses his for 'play-time' in his C63 AMG, thats about it I think... the merc auto box is so good anyway, you dont really need them (as you say)

Merc

Haven't logged on in ages... I quite like it tbf. Don't like the mahoosive diamond at the front. The current crop of RS appeal to a niche market whereas a VW GTI for example appeals to a greater market. You can clearly see what Renault are trying to do to the Clio which is to broaden it's client base. Enthusiast they give zero f**ks about. It's the sales they care about.

Apologies for stating the obvious but I felt like giving my take. Renault have to be clever with the price as four/five door hatchbacks such as the Focus ST can look more attractive a package than the Clio.

BMW 330D
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

According to a guy at Renault sport it will weigh more than the 200. Only non sports will weigh less than the current Clio. That's a bit of a let down

That's not what I read. An article pointed out that it was lighter than current model and significantly quicker on the 0-60 dash. However, with improved safety standards and EU regulations, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up slightly heavier. Do we know yet when the new motor will be available for orders? (or has that already been covered elsewhere in the thread?)

Well. If, model for model, Clio IV is c.100kg lighter than Clio III, yet the Renaultsport car is heavier than the old one, then they must have added ballast.

MOS

Clio 172 PH1

I like it very much! I even like the EDC and 5 doors for everyday use. My biggest concern is, how well the gearbox will handle power upgrades.

Does the new one have perfohubs like the old one?

MKIII 138

this will be another renaultsport that looks worse as an RS than the base sport version of the car, pretty much thought the same thing of the front of the new Megane. to me the GT face is nicer than the 250 RS

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

Well. If, model for model, Clio IV is c.100kg lighter than Clio III, yet the Renaultsport car is heavier than the old one, then they must have added ballast.

turbo weighs 100kg, they had to future proof it so everyone could get 450bhp out them with a pops and bangs map.

BMW 330D

That's not what I read. An article pointed out that it was lighter than current model and significantly quicker on the 0-60 dash. However, with improved safety standards and EU regulations, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up slightly heavier. Do we know yet when the new motor will be available for orders? (or has that already been covered elsewhere in the thread?)

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=26475

Barton also highlights how "the car is very nearly the same weight as the current RS Clio despite being a five-door". Sounds like he thinks we should be impressed. Shame we were actually hoping for a weight reduction - especially since the regular Clio is claiming savings of up to 100kg compared to its predecessor.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

I was talking to the RenaultSport brand manger for the UK yesterday. Apparently all this about engine noise coming through the speakers has been communicated incorrectly.

The engine noise thing is an app that you can install on r-link. You have to download it an configure it etc. it doesn't come with that s**t from factory. It also pops and bangs in race mode on the downshifts apparently.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Update on weight scenario Luke?

I'm gonna make my one sound hella ghey and install it to sound like a futuristic car

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

I'm gonna make my one sound hella ghey and install it to sound like a futuristic car

No idea on weight, but I did find out that RenaultSport have been involved from the start of design. I.e they haven't just been given a chassis and told to make it handle, they've had a hand in it from the ground up.

Didn't ask about weight specifically but I reckon it will be lighter than the current RS.

Cant wait to have a go!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Neither can I dude, neither can I!

dk

911 GTS Cab

I was talking to the RenaultSport brand manger for the UK yesterday. Apparently all this about engine noise coming through the speakers has been communicated incorrectly.

The engine noise thing is an app that you can install on r-link. You have to download it an configure it etc. it doesn't come with that s**t from factory. It also pops and bangs in race mode on the downshifts apparently.
The megane pops in extreme mode, so it looks like race mode is the new extreme mode. Throttle pedal is very very twitchy on the megane in this mode.

BMW 330D

That link i posted had a direct quote from Arnaud Barton from Renault sport saying its going to be a touch heavier mate

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Yeah I saw that matey, but with me being ever the optimist it could be construed as it being lighter from that quote lol

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

According to the angle I dont like the front, the shape of the hood and its big excess lights exactly
The side looks correct except in ... the front ^^
I like the back
clio-rs-8-384d5f9.jpg

Last edited:
  CLIO 2 RS trackcar

guys, It's the economic crisis and for the builders also...
The engineers of Renault Sport had for this first version of Clio 4RS less money than before for the other RS and that is obvious with regard to compared with the last Clio 3RS2 for example...

Renault Clio MK3

This car is slowly but surely growing on me...

I think once they are out and I've seen a few on the road, I'll want one.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Is 3-door v 5-door the reason for this?

i.e. all new 5-door Mk4s are 100 kg lighter than the 5-door Mk3s, but as the RS version is going from 3 to 5-door it's in effect gaining?

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1

The megane pops in extreme mode, so it looks like race mode is the new extreme mode. Throttle pedal is very very twitchy on the megane in this mode.

On off switch.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Back does look really really good... if the diffuser was black or carbon fibre and it was de-badged (the 'Clio' is huge!)

Maybe if you parked it so you never actually saw the front you could get away with it :evil:

Is 3-door v 5-door the reason for this?

i.e. all new 5-door Mk4s are 100 kg lighter than the 5-door Mk3s, but as the RS version is going from 3 to 5-door it's in effect gaining?

Ahh yes, that is very possible.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

In fact like I thought in the start, Renault want with its new Clio 4 and the new 4RS to change its usual customers

And it is succeeding in that...

Its old customers and fans as us dont like in the majority (for the moments ^^) the new Clio 4 and Clio 4RS but new customers like it

I had the proof of that again in my job today

4 of my friends who dont liked before the previous Clio, say to me that they like much more now this new Clio 4...

Incredible for us but true ^^

Last edited:

It's the first time iv seen the pics of it and I think I'll hold off getting a 200 and just wait untill the new one comes out. I really like it!