ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IN LONDON

Hi all, i have to get a clio from Balham in London, to Cardiff.

The RSi has a nackered head gasket, so driving it would probably just cause me more problems than i need, is there a temporary measure i can make, ie use some sort of sealant on the outside of the head before driving, to last the 150 miles home.

Failing that, are there towing services that would pick up the car, and tow it to me, what sort of prices am i looking at in this case?

Cheers All !

join the aa for £40 quid - make sure you get tow home cover. drive the car to get it warm and leave it at the side of the road. ring the aa and hey presto they will recover it and take you and the car home.

The situation is this.

BAsically im trading my RT for an RSi and theres a little bit more to the deal than that, but the RSis head gasket is blown, i have to take the RT to Balham and get the RSi back. Failing my mate following me down and towing it back im just trying to find a cheaper alternative. Im thinking of asking the guy to meet me halfway or something but thats another option all together.

I dont fancy paying for mine and my mates petrol there and back :cry:

Any other ideas anyone, cant think of any ideas at the moment :D

how bad is the head gasket ??? could you shove a couple of bottles of rad-weld in it and take a few gallons of water with you...

apparently it still drives, but has stopped as he doesnt want to cause anymore damage...

how would i apply the rad weld ?

Cheers matey

your pour rad-weld straight into the coolant.... Ive used it once to get a car home.I think how it works is as soon as it leaks through a hole in the rad etc it solidifies when it comes into contact with air.It got me home until I could take the rad out and weld it up properly...