ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio going, going, gone.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
The time came to sell my 172. Insurance was just becoming to much, and with a new addition to the family 7 weeks ago, I had to be sensible. I'll be saving £350 a year by going to the new purchase. It took about 2 months to sell, not due to lack of interest, but mainly due to the interest being from spotty 18 year olds who cant afford the insurance.

Was offered a straight swap with a Suzuki Ignis Sport on a 53 plate with 57k on the clock. Always been a car i've liked, and with the swap also being less than a mile from my house, I couldn't say no. My Partner absolutely hates it, which suits me as she wont want to drive it.

Its huge fun to drive, engine is revvy and isn't as slow as I thought it would be. Back end feels quite light, but I can feel exactly what each wheel is doing which I really like.

Really going to miss the 172, was huge huge fun, and had without doubt one of the best engine and gearboxes i've ever used. Had such amazing overtaking ability.

I'll still float about on here as its a good forum, and the general chat section is always good for a laugh.

Heres a pic of the outgoing model, and the new. Ignis needs a good buff and a few bits tidying up, but cant complain for the money.

SNC11691.jpg

ignis.jpg

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Yep, has the Recaros. I've had alot of ribbing from mates about it, but the same thing happened with my Mx5. Chuck them the keys and 5 minutes later they come back with a big grin. Ripped off the restrictive resonator box and intake yesterday and fed a nice CAF to the airbox, has definately improved things. Is great fun to drive.