ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio epic fail.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Omfg. Thats sickening to think of some of the tactics CarCraft will pull and how far in debt this guy is gunna be because of it!

2001 172
oh my lord i saw NINE grand mentioned in that thread :O please say he hasnt, no no no no!! lol could ov had a 197 for that or practicaly x3 of the car hes just bought, harsh times poor guy! although he is happy with it so thats all the counts. wounder how long it will take for the shine to wear off and he to realise the reality :O ouch

nagh not poor guy, has bad credit, so he ll pay more, he doesnt seem to care ?

One fuckwit born every minute

RS 172+
Perhaps I have more faith in human nature than is warranted?

Surely everyone does a little research about what a car is worth before buying the thing?

The price seems far over the going worth, so I am thinking perhaps there's more to this than meets the eye. OK the chap may have bad credit, but surely if the seller is tripling the price than there must be some redress?

I'd threaten some negative publicity and try my bl**dy best to get some money back.

Renault Clio S
A perfect example of why Britons have racked up so much debt on loans and credit cards that the total borrowed now exceeds the entire value of the economy.

Words fail me.

If the repayments don't push him over the edge, the squeaky sunroof sure will.

2001 172
the 9k will be total credit repaid, so hes prob only paying 3-4k for the car, the rest in interest.

The way I look at it is, the more nobbers like this that buy cars and line dealers pockets, the more room there is for me to haggle when I buy :)

i feel sorry for the lad your hope he learn but then again maybe he wont
plenty more who will fall into it

one born every second
a fool an his money is easily separated ;)

doesnt put your faith in anyone these days :(

its not just carcraft Toyota tried the same Apr on a yaris with me

Last edited:
What a div, i paid £2k for my car on 46k, everything came with it, £1k for insurance all declared fully comp, im 18 and written a car off, really don't get his "i need a car for work" malarky, read the local paper and get a good little runner for £200!

Renaultsport 200
He needs someone to take him by the scruff of the neck and show him the way tbh.

He must have some issues, I mean no sound mind would even consider this let alone go through with it.

Parents? - Where the fook where they when he was dreaming about all this? Im 24 years old and to this day I get my old mans opinion on stuff. He usually gives it the seal of approval or tells me im being a turnip, but ultimately things have been my desicion since being 16 years old. I just appreciate the advice.

Someone has failed this boy.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Ugh.

£150 a month for the car
£240 a month for insurance

£390 a month total before he even sits in the thing, let alone puts fuel in it. I feel bad for the guy.

Stagecoach Ticket
He proberly has some 27 day get out in the finance clause if he prepares a case he may be lucky. even on bad credit he could proberly get a better deal. Poor lad

2001 172
there are little known laws called "halves and thirds" whereby ypu can voluntarily terminate the contract by handing the keys back and walking away. The other half means they cannot repossess the car so long as hes making some sort payment, no matter how small. Consumers do have rights, just very often they don't know they exist.

Titanium 182
I feel sorry for him reading some of his posts on Renaultforums, he seems a nice enough friendly guy. Incredibly short-sighted financially though. :(

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I feel sorry for him reading some of his posts on Renaultforums, he seems a nice enough friendly guy. Incredibly short-sighted financially though. :(

Same! He had a bump and one quote was "he was nice enough to let me pay for the damage to his car"

J-J

ClioSport Club Member

Exactly what I was thinking, he's posted asking for turbo conversions, new interior etc, he really has done this the wrong way round.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
LOL!

fu2l.gif

Clio 182 cup'd

sounds more like a r****d to me...

this is him after being told its not a bolt on job...

"Ahh stuff it then, thought it might have been worth it but im not playing aronud with the cylinder head.."

RB 182 cup
Idiot

But I think he got the message after the first page of abuse...no need for pages and pages of it

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
He got the message? Page 26 and he still thinks it was a good idea. I don't think he'll ever get the message.

RB 182 cup
I think he did get the message...hes just trying to stand his own ground to make himself feel better about what hes done

vauxhall corsa vxr
ouch thats harsh, 7k on an old clio and for same amount with tradin his clio could of got a nice used 56/57 plate, surley to god when he went there family and friends must of been askin wtf he was doing

Nissan 350z
Lol that Rage image is a nice touch. Cant say that im surprised to read that guy after spunking out £7k on a 1.2 clio cant drive for toffee either.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Poor sod.

He sounds like one of life's homicidal smilers. The type who would come home early to see his wife being spit-roasted by the milkman and postie, having just lost his job. Then his £9k Clio simply burst into flames on the driveway. He'd probably still smile then. Dangerous, imo...

More importantly, did you see the number of posts from the third person to respond on there? Even Fred on here has a LOT of posting to catch up on! ;)

D.

Pug 205 gti
Poor sod.

He sounds like one of life's homicidal smilers. The type who would come home early to see his wife being spit-roasted by the milkman and postie, having just lost his job. Then his £9k Clio simply burst into flames on the driveway. He'd probably still smile then. Dangerous, imo...

D.

ha ha

Bump for the lol's!!

So I'm guessing the dude is still paying it off ?

The dude was a complete & utter drip!

Also if that was my old man who'd gone & done that I'd have gone round there & smashed him up.