ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio engine swap now wont start !!

clios
I have changed the engine on my Clio but now it wont start, the fuel pump is running continuously stops for a second then starts again, it not even trying to run the starter motor i have looked the wiring over and all looks good, I have used the donor cars engine wiring but have changed the ecu. Any ideas what i have missed ?????
I have fitted a 2003 clio engine into a 2002 clio, Both 1.2 16v engines, Could there be a difference between the engine looms ?

TheCAB

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
If you have swapped engines over check you haven't missed reconnecting the earth strap.

clio 172 sport
hi i have a clio 172 sport. that i boght with the engine out it was nackard. i then boght a clio 172 cup same year as sport. for a donner car. engine is in turns over but wont fire. tryed the usuall clening tdc sensor no joy. i then noticed its got a keypad in top right corner of windscreen. after looking in to it i belive its an after market sigma alarm. which i dont now the code for. i heard u can get bypass modules but will this bypass the standard and the aftermarket thanks.

That is so weird as the above I've done the exact same, just picked it up. Also where do I find the engine code as I believe you can get different ones!