ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio dci fault help please..

225 meg, clio 172 ex
Got agood friend with a dci clio and has a fault.. He has sent me a message with his problem so i will just paste it... Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated. Thankyou

FAULT: Key in the ignition, turn the electric's on, wait for the dashboard lights to turn off then turn the car over. Majority of the time it doesn't turn over and when it eventually does White smoke comes out for about 5-10 seconds then the car judders and shakes for a few minutes. Doesn't always do it, sometimes fires up straight away. Once I start driving it drives perfectly no flaws or faults whatsoever??? One of the warning light stays on though all the time..?? Glow plugs have recently been replaced and it's just been fully serviced.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
White smoke scream's out turbo, but that doesn't explain why it drive's perfectly after. Faulty gasket, broken pipe...
RenaultdCi.net is your place for the answer.

When was the cam belt replaced + was it timed correctly?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
needs to go on Clip, the k9k unit is a nightmare when they go wrong + expensive