ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCI 80 (172 Rep)

172 Cup
Re: Clio dci 80

cheers and yeah couldnt believe when we drained the tank lol, maybe going to pick up a half leather 172 interior tomorrow.

172 Cup

Little update
got a 172 half leather interior today so been all cleaned up and got the back seats in and door cards just need the front seats in and will take some pictures tomorrow because it was too dark tonight.

172 Cup

So finished off the interior today got the front seats all in and gave the carpets a good cleaning.

6406939481_e5120bb474_z.jpg

IMG_0021 by Blacky950, on Flickr

172 Cup

Next things on my list:

-Cup Spoiler
-Lower on maybe sportlines this time
-New steering wheel
-Machine polish (hopefully get one for christmas)
-Get rid of all scratches and dents

Anything else anyone want to recommend me something feel free :)

172 Cup

Picked some 172 pedals that were going on ebay cheap yesterday so fitted them today, All I need is the renault sport steering wheel now to finish the interior off.

6447622591_03ec7109aa_z.jpg

IMG_0027 by Blacky950, on Flickr

C+C welcome

BMW 330ci

This looks really nice mate. I think you should definately go for coilovers i was debating whether to get springs or coilovers but people was saying you will want to go lower and you will especially if the springs aren't that low you will think wish I'd have just bought some coilovers because you can just adjust them to how high or low you want them. will definitely finish it off mate ;). What headlamps have you got in or is the colour just coming off the indicator bulbs. How much was the bulbs if you don't mind me asking :).

172 Cup

This looks really nice mate. I think you should definately go for coilovers i was debating whether to get springs or coilovers but people was saying you will want to go lower and you will especially if the springs aren't that low you will think wish I'd have just bought some coilovers because you can just adjust them to how high or low you want them. will definitely finish it off mate ;). What headlamps have you got in or is the colour just coming off the indicator bulbs. How much was the bulbs if you don't mind me asking :).

Cheers mate, im thinking Koni adjustable shocks with the sportline as everyone highly recommends them, I dont want to have it to low because of all the s**t roads around here. The bulbs are H7 philips diamond vision, I think they were about £25. Thanks for the comment.

BMW 330ci

Cheers mate, im thinking Koni adjustable shocks with the sportline as everyone highly recommends them, I dont want to have it to low because of all the s**t roads around here. The bulbs are H7 philips diamond vision, I think they were about £25. Thanks for the comment.

Arr if your roads are bad prob not the best having coilovers mate. But ive got races and ones and tbf I don't think there that bad. I've got used to them lol. But tbf they say good as you say everyone recommends them. And are they all the bulbs or just indicators?? And btw pics look awesome in the snow ;)

172 Cup

Yeah if I was going to get coil overs then I'd probably want a decent set for the ride quality lol and the indicators are called osram diadem bulbs they have like a rainbow blue colour on them. And thanks the splitter was like a snow plough lol.

BMW 330ci

Yeah if I was going to get coil overs then I'd probably want a decent set for the ride quality lol and the indicators are called osram diadem bulbs they have like a rainbow blue colour on them. And thanks the splitter was like a snow plough lol.

yeah prob would be best if the roads are no good mate. And yeah think they look quite nice tbf, I need to get some as I've still got the orange ones lol. But think I wanna get new headlight bulbs aswell :\. And lol, what splitter is it ?

172 Cup

Yeah I think that's what I'm gonna go for next year or just get some brand new standard shocks with the sport lines. And yeah get some 5000k headlight bulbs like osram or philips.

Vectra

you've made good progress so far , btw that green fiesta..that one of the special editions?

clio 1.5dc1

i have fitted a tdi tuning tip to my 80 goes like stink have you thought about mapping or chipping ?

172 Cup

you've made good progress so far , btw that green fiesta..that one of the special editions?

Thanks and yeah I think only 500 were made. not too sure tbh.

Doublefacepalm-1.jpg

Coming along good, needs centre caps though just to finish it off. :D

Cheers, Yeah they're going on next year when my wheels go back on, (took them off for winter).

buet. Wish i had the effort to play with mine lol

Thankyou :)

i have fitted a tdi tuning tip to my 80 goes like stink have you thought about mapping or chipping ?

Going to get it remapped next year, not keen on the tuning boxes heard a lot of bad things about them tbh.

A few

Where did you get the silver 16v bullets from mate? Looking at getting some or spraying mine as im getting side strips colour coded.

172 Cup

Thanks Its getting corrected tomorrow properly so should look better, and just used some gloss white from halfords, should have used plastic primer though because its satarted to flake :( going to get sprayshck to do them for me.

172 Cup
Pretty Big Update, I had a bit of an accident with a hedge last week which resulted in a broken bumper, passenger wing and headlight. So thought it was a perfect chance to get a 172 front bumper, wings skirts and arch liners. Never thought of making it a rep but might as well now.

So got all the bumpers etc on Friday and set out Sunday morning getting it all on, went on all okay apart from a broken wing :(, didnt finish till it was dark, So will give it a clean and get some pictures up at the weekend.

Thanks for looking!

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp

Nice car. Thought about following the same path with mine, but went with black and carbon fiber instead.
How did the wheel spacers affected the handling and behavior of the car?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

Can i havr my dci back pls ? :p

srs, dci reps are biggin it up now :) nice looking car mate. Center caps needed asap!

172 Cup

Thanks mate, alright cool, and didnt really notice any difference tbh, just got them for the looks, it looks a bit stupid because the wheels are tucked so far into the 172 arches without the spacers on.

172 Cup

Can i havr my dci back pls ? :p

srs, dci reps are biggin it up now :) nice looking car mate. Center caps needed asap!

Lol Never!! Hows yours coming along now, havent been on your thread for a bit. gonna check it out now!

Yeah ha wasnt even thinking of a rep tbh just when I broke the bumper thought it would be cheaper to replace with 172 parts, and in a way it has lol.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

Lol Never!! Hows yours coming along now, havent been on your thread for a bit. gonna check it out now!

Yeah ha wasnt even thinking of a rep tbh just when I broke the bumper thought it would be cheaper to replace with 172 parts, and in a way it has lol.

dam lol, yeah mines coming along a fair bit now, ready for paint when the weather picks up....

same with me, cheaper to buy sport bumpers than standard ones. suppose it makes the look about more ' sporty ' with its grunt under the bonnet