ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio cold start issue - Software update

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
I've got a mk3 2012 Clio 1.2 and since I've bought it, it has had an intermittent cold start issue. It would take a while to fire up, and once it did the revs would be extremely low. (About 500rpm).

I have been back to Renault several times with this. First few times it was apparently my fault, not starting engine right, until recently where a garage diagnosed it as one of two things: spark plugs, or injectors.

Change of spark plugs didn't fix it, so it went back. There is nothing coming up on the diagnostics as there being any faults. Renault now believe this new software update should fix it.

I hope this helps for anyone with this issue, I've seen a few people online with this without a solution. (If I'm wrong, please correct me)

(Sorry if this is in the wrong place, also.)