ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200?

Well i went for a test drive of the new 200 today and was quite impressed and really liked the front end of it.

Now heres the dilemna... what colour?

I have specced the following car in white, but am not so keen on colour...

Recaros - a must have the standard items are so dull!
Black wheels
Cornering lights ( will not bother with these though)
Cup suspension
Tinted windows

For £15,550 - (first offer was £18,100)!

They had an alien green and thought it was real nice colour - price rises to £16,750 though

I have had a look on the website and might give Mercury a try?

Any thoughts and pictures?

Plus is that a decent deal?

Thanks

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Silver can look a bit 'boring' to me, and is also a b*****d to match should it need any paint........
Not sure on this, either Nimbus or Murcury (pinched from anither thread)

DSC_0002-1.gif

What did you think of the extra 'grunt'? I've yet to read anyone who has got a 197 and tried a 200....

Barge
Not keen on the Mercury. A bit plain, IMO. I'd really like to see on in the flesh in RB, or Ultra Red, especially with those black wheels. But white is classic, and sits really nicely with the white.

wouldnt say it was quicker but it was much more responsive and seemed to get going with a bit more urgency than my R27.

Couldnt tell the difference in the handling although the salemen didnt seemed to mind when i had the back end twitching round a roundabouT!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
meh

RB does nothing for me on the MK3........ White or Black for me (though i'd never own a Black car again lol)

does look good in black... but i have this....

07' Renault Clio R27 in deep black, number 52 of 500.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
wouldnt say it was quicker but it was much more responsive and seemed to get going with a bit more urgency than my R27.

Couldnt tell the difference in the handling although the salemen didnt seemed to mind when i had the back end twitching round a roundabouT!

Would love to know how many crashes there are on Test Drives pmsl?...

BMW 320d M-Sport
Really not a fan of a) the black bumper and b) the way the front quarter meets the headlights. I'll keep my 197 thanks - wheels are nice tho. Personally I'd go for LY because it contrasts nicely to the black parts!

web01-clio-rs.jpg

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Im defo gettin an alien green one next year!
Let someone else take the initial hit first ;)

Ive got a test drive booked for saturday, i currently have a 172 cup (thats for sale) ive had a couple plays with a 197 clio and i pulled past both of them slightly so i cant wait to see what the 200 is like, i know for a fact it will feel so much tighter and stiffer and better put together but then again my cup is 7 years old now, it all depends on what price the salesman can do a green one with recaros and cup packs for